Calling it quits! -----SOLD----

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Gary Watkins

Calling it quits! -----SOLD----

Post by Gary Watkins »

I will post pictures later this week. Due to health reason, I am selling it all. Must be picked up in Bristol, Virginia. Will not seperate items. Must be purchased as one lot. I know that this limits my chance of selling, but I am too sick to pack it and have it shipped. If you have any questions, just let me know. Thanks,
Gary Watkins

Emmons SKH D10 with 8 and 4 $3,350.00
Nashville 112 $325.00
Peavey Session 400 Limited with wheels and cover $200.00
Steel Guitar Seat (STEELERS CHOICE) w/side car and back rest $275.00
Hilton Volume Pedal $160.00
Boss RV3 $100.00
Peavey Delta Blues Amp $150.00
Peavey nashville 400 $175.00
Sarno Black Box $175.00
Fender Reverb Pedal $75.00
Distortion Pedal $25.00
Boss Tone $85.00
Peterson Tuner w/ leg clamp $100.00
Assorted George L Cables $100.00
Boss DD3 $75.00
TOTAL $5,370.00

Last edited by Gary Watkins on 16 Feb 2020 12:45 pm, edited 12 times in total.
If you succeed in cheating someone, don't think that the person is a fool. It's just that the person trusted you far more than you deserved.
Dave Diehl

Post by Dave Diehl »

Gary,, sorry to hear this. I know you've been dealing with health problems for some time and hoping you can overcome it and get yourself back on your feet.
Keith Bolog

Geo L cables

Post by Keith Bolog »

PM sent on the cables
Say what you mean. Mean what you say.
Paul Pearson

Calling it quits

Post by Paul Pearson »

Gary sorry to hear this I pray that if it's God will you will be healed in Jesus's name
Gary Watkins

Post by Gary Watkins »

Dave Diehl wrote:Gary,, sorry to hear this. I know you've been dealing with health problems for some time and hoping you can overcome it and get yourself back on your feet.
Thanks Dave. I am just tired of trying to fight it. I am just tired.
If you succeed in cheating someone, don't think that the person is a fool. It's just that the person trusted you far more than you deserved.
Gary Watkins

Re: Calling it quits

Post by Gary Watkins »

Paul Pearson wrote:Gary sorry to hear this I pray that if it's God will you will be healed in Jesus's name
Thanks Paul, that means more to me than you know!
Barry Yasika

Sorry Man.

Post by Barry Yasika »

Man, that must've been one heck of a hard decision to make. I've seen other forumites do the same thing for the same reason. There's such a permanence to letting it all go after it was no doubt, such a big part of your life. No matter who you are, the day will come sooner than most of think to make the same decision. Either that or nature takes it's course before we're given the opportunity to make it. I think about things like that from time to time and dread having to do the same thing, but life is life I suppose, for me as well an the rest of us. God Bless you man, I pray for your comfort and recovery on the highest level that can prevail. Seriously, Good Luck Amigo!!
Emmons
Rene Brosseau

our turn will come

Post by Rene Brosseau »

Best of luck! those are all great prices. Maybe someone local could help you
Franklin #130, Melobar Skreemer, Wechter Scheerhorn Resonator, Nashville 112, Boss DD 3 &/or Profex II
Kevin Fix

Post by Kevin Fix »

That is a great price for a lot of great gear. God Bless to you Gary.
Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

Gary I sure am sorry about your health. Still praying for you too. I've played that guitar and its a great guitar.
I wish you the best Gary.

Tony
Jim Ives

Illness

Post by Jim Ives »

I don't know you, but hanging it all up must really be dreadful. Best,
Jim
George Kimery

Calling it qjits

Post by George Kimery »

To make things worse for Gary. he was taken by Bentley for $2500.00. Gary. I live less than an hour from you. If I could come up with the money, I would take everything in a heartbeat. Best of luck to you on the sale.
Mike May

Steel Stuff

Post by Mike May »

Check your mail...
Al Michalczak

health needs

Post by Al Michalczak »

how far are you from Stafford? If I can get my son in law to pick it up I might be interested. I hope your health improves and you can keep it and keep playing.
Gary Watkins

Re: health needs

Post by Gary Watkins »

Al Michalczak wrote:how far are you from Stafford? If I can get my son in law to pick it up I might be interested. I hope your health improves and you can keep it and keep playing.
I am about 5 hours southwest of Stafford County, Virginia
Dale Rottacker

Post by Dale Rottacker »

Gary, I'm sorry your health has put you in this position and pray that changes.
Dale Rottacker, Steelinatune™
*2021 MSA Legend, "Jolly Rancher" D10 10x9
*2021 Rittenberry, "The Concord" D10 9x9
*1977 Blue Sho-Bud Pro 3 Custom 8x6
https://msapedalsteels.com
http://rittenberrysteelguitars.com
https://www.telonics.com/index.php
https://www.p2pamps.com
https://www.quilterlabs.com
Tim Henley

Post by Tim Henley »

Hey GARY, IM PRAYING FOR AND HOPE YOU GET TO FEELING BETTER. THATS A GREAT DEAL ON A LOT GOOD EQUIPMENT.
IF I COULD HELP YOU IN ANY WAY LET ME KNOW!
GOOD LUCK AND GET BETTER!
Eric Denmark

Post by Eric Denmark »

Mr. Gary-- I don't know you, but seeing this post has really troubled my spirit for you. If I had the money, I'd buy that seat, but I don't, but what I can do is pray for you. This post is heartbreaking to see because I'm a lifelong musician and I KNOW what a big part of my life it has become, and to have to part with it, would be devastating. I pray in JESUS'S name for you sir! God bless you!
Gary Watkins

Post by Gary Watkins »

Please do not feel bad or sorry for me. Music has been good to me and God has been even better! I haven’t made one single dime with my music, in fact, it has put me in debt more than once, but it has been a blast! A bad day playing music is better than a good day doing anything else. It is just time to move on to the next stage in my life. I guess I will try to get into wood carving now. It seems like I will be able to do something like this with my limited mobility. Regardless, I will still be lurking here on the forum. Best to everyone!
Dave Meis

Post by Dave Meis »

Bless you, Gary! I'm wishing you all the best in your future endeavors!
Allen Howington

Playing Steel Guitar

Post by Allen Howington »

Gary, I feel a lot of us are in the same boat (so to speak) when it comes to making money playing music. I have always said, it takes a man with a pretty good job to be able to afford to play music--especially a Steel Guitar. But we sure do love it don't we?
Gary Watkins

Re: Playing Steel Guitar

Post by Gary Watkins »

Allen Howington wrote:Gary, I feel a lot of us are in the same boat (so to speak) when it comes to making money playing music. I have always said, it takes a man with a pretty good job to be able to afford to play music--especially a Steel Guitar. But we sure do love it don't we?
I never made any money playing music, but I met and made some GREAT friends! To me, that is worth more than money!
Gary Watkins

Emmons SKH Pictures

Post by Gary Watkins »

Gary Watkins

Re: Calling it qjits

Post by Gary Watkins »

George Kimery wrote:To make things worse for Gary. he was taken by Bentley for $2500.00. Gary. I live less than an hour from you. If I could come up with the money, I would take everything in a heartbeat. Best of luck to you on the sale.
That one hurt, but if he can live with it, i can live without it!
Chris Grigsby

Post by Chris Grigsby »

Not that it is any of my business, but what does 'taken by Bentley for $2500' mean? Did someone on the forum defraud you of $2500???

Best,
Chris
Mullen Discovery S10, Hilton VP, Kemper Profiler Head and Kabinet.