Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Robert Herr

Recommended settings for El Capistan

Post by Robert Herr »

Looking for settings fir steel guitar
Jerry Van Hoose

Post by Jerry Van Hoose »

Hello Robert, I haven’t used mine in a while but need to get it out and use it with my new Fender Twin Reverb Tone Master. If I remember correctly, my tape head was set on single, mode was on A, the time knob was about 11;00, repeat knob was around 10:00, mix knob was a little less than 11:00. The El Capistan has excellent reverb capability too. By the way, lessening those values mentioned just a little might suit your needs better. At the very least, it’s a start.
Robert Herr

El Capistan

Post by Robert Herr »

Thanks
Lyle Dent

El Capistan

Post by Lyle Dent »

Robert: Use it daily
I use Tape head - Fixed
Mode-C
Time - 10-12 o'clock
Mix. - 10-12 o'clock
Everything else at 0
Remember the Reverb is already about 20%
Hope this helps
Rittenberry Prestige SD-12,Mullen G2 SD-12 ,Mullen PRP S-12 BMI S-12 V8 octal, BJS Bars, LiveSteelStrings,Steelers Choice Seat.
Steve Sycamore

Post by Steve Sycamore »

My settings are very similar to both of yours. But I like a bit more non-linearity to the sound so Tape Age is about 11:00 and Wow And Flutter about 10:00. You can hardly hear the difference in a band situation, but playing solo, it does its part.

I think I turned off all El Capistan reverb since my other reverb is ample and adding the El Cap reverb made the sound too clangy. But El Cap's reverb does sound magnificent alone.