BMI S-10 3X3 Close it up item sold! Donation forthcoming

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Landon Johnson

BMI S-10 3X3 Close it up item sold! Donation forthcoming

Post by Landon Johnson »

Selling my BMI S-10 after having upgraded to a Carter SD-10 from Damir. I bought this guitar from Jerry Roller on here (great to deal with by the way) and it has served me well for just over two years.

Notes:
1. The tuners were all replaced with brand new Sperzels from the Sperzel factory.
2. In order to teach myself better I replaced the stained old fretboard with this one. It helped me immensely as I was learning, with the first letter of each fruit representing the chord at that position... (G)rapes, (A)pples, (B)anana and (C)herries. New fretboards are about $45 from BMI.
3. My daughter decided to surprise me by painting red on the little side micas on the neck. She knows I like red guitars.
4. When putting the steel in the case, it slides around so I have added a roll of plumbing tape and an Altoids can to the case, and painted a big blue arrow on it to make sure one of the band mates doesn't put it upside down, with all the weight on those tuners. The case is a mess.
5. Did I mention the case? Rope handle, on its last legs for sure but it is not broken, the hinges and latches are all intact.

Here is a short video of the steel in action. Katana amp recorded with a BLUE microphone. https://youtu.be/AYEIaM6XTrc

Last edited by Landon Johnson on 22 Dec 2019 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wesley Medlen

Post by Wesley Medlen »

Sent you a PM. is this set up Emmons please list set up. thanks Wes
Justice S10 Jr, Gibson Electra 6string, Boss Katana 100, Steelers Choice ,Gretsch 6 string lap, Hilton VP
Daniel Phelps

Post by Daniel Phelps »

I must ask.... where did you get the fretboard?

:D

Daniel
Copyright © 2020 Daniel Phelps
Landon Johnson

Thanks for pointing out what I forgot to mention...

Post by Landon Johnson »

Guitar is set up Emmons. The fretboard I designed myself using a template I got from a forum member (cannot remember).

LKL raises E's, LKR lowers them. RKL lowers 2 and 9.

I'm asking $1K. Seems to be a standard price for these things and it's about what I paid for it ($1100). There are plusses and minuses to this guitar that I have pointed out. If you don't mind a crappy case and the custom fretboard then it's well worth the $1K. If, however, you will need to get a new case and replace the side strips and fretboard, it might not be worth it for you.

I'm also open to offers, or trades for a volume pedal and cash.
Jerry Roller

Post by Jerry Roller »

I have a brand new BMI fretboard for this guitar
rollermusic@cox.net
Jerry
Ben Michaels

Post by Ben Michaels »

That fretboard is a plus in my opinion!
Landon Johnson

Guitar has been sold

Post by Landon Johnson »

Thank you everyone! What a great place to hang out!