Regal Resonator Model ?

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Tommy Wallace

Regal Resonator Model ?

Post by Tommy Wallace »

Anyone know if Regal stamps or marks a model number on their square neck resonator guitars? If so , where would it be ? Not talking about the early ones , but the more modern ones. Thanks.
The one in question..

Last edited by Tommy Wallace on 20 Dec 2019 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

There's one called "Black Lightning" and you can recognize it because it's---black. :whoa:
Erv
Tommy Wallace

Post by Tommy Wallace »

Erv, I guess it would make this one a " Blonde Lightning" :eek:
Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

Regal instruments don't have a model number on them. The model number is usually stamped or lableled on the box or packaging, so if you bought it second hand, you probably won't find any markings.

Someone who is real familiar with modern Regal instruments might possibly be able to identify the proper model number for you.
Glenn Wilde

Post by Glenn Wilde »

Erv Niehaus wrote:There's one called "Black Lightning" and you can recognize it because it's---black. :whoa:
Erv

Well, sort of :wink: mine is a kind of real dark brown.......i guess The Brown Lightning don't ring quite the same :lol:
Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

No, they're not black. They are finished in a dark mahogany color. They were not for the color. They were named Black Lightning 52 after Del McCoury's Vincent motorcycle song. The model number for the Black Lightning is RD52.

The line is "Vincent Black Lightning 1952". Far as I remember, they don't have a model # marked on them either.
Robert Allen

Post by Robert Allen »

Looks like an RD-40NS. If it is, the manufacturer's list price is $595.
Mark Eaton
Location: Sonoma County in The Great State Of Northern California

Post by Mark Eaton »

Jerry Overstreet wrote:No, they're not black. They are finished in a dark mahogany color. They were not for the color. They were named Black Lightning 52 after Del McCoury's Vincent motorcycle song. The model number for the Black Lightning is RD52.

The line is "Vincent Black Lightning 1952". Far as I remember, they don't have a model # marked on them either.
Richard Thompson’s song! Though it has become a favorite for fans of Del and the boys since they started playing it quite a few years ago.
Mark
Tommy Wallace

Post by Tommy Wallace »

Thanks Bob and Jerry , I appreciate it.