Vintage Gibson Console Grande Steel Guitar.

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Ken Barrett

Vintage Gibson Console Grande Steel Guitar.

Post by Ken Barrett »

Gibson Console Grande

This guitar is the same type that was played by Don Helms, a member of steel guitar Hall of Fame, who is the primary steel guitar is for Hank Williams Sr.
This is the guitar used in the Hank Williams Sr. movie, I saw the light starring Tom Hiddleston.

The guitar plays good and stays in tune and would make a real good collectors item. Brand new strings and the original case is in fair condition and will transport and protect the guitar. Both latches close.

Included in the sale, is a picture of the guitar in the movie.
This guitar is an 8/7 set up. Everything functions and plays and it holds tune. I feel, it is in good condition for its age and one like this in the 1942 Gibson catalog Described it as a Sunburst color. The 1950s Gibson catalog shows this guitar with four legs so it’s a is determined to be between 1942 in 1950. So, 1948 is just a guess.
$1295. + Shipping.
I have played guitar for over 55 years & bass for 3 years. Currently, I play bass in a band. I also collect guitars and basses. I live in Florida on the east coast.
Ken Barrett

Post by Ken Barrett »

Also, comes with original tuners not installed on guitar.
I have played guitar for over 55 years & bass for 3 years. Currently, I play bass in a band. I also collect guitars and basses. I live in Florida on the east coast.