Tape and CD player

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Pat Heald

Tape and CD player

Post by Pat Heald »

Question? Any suggestions for machine to play practice tapes and CD's. Something with power to match level of steel.
Pat Heald

Tape and CD player

Post by Pat Heald »

Something that could plug into amp maybe.
Pat Moore

Post by Pat Moore »

I use my laptop CD player with headphone out into channel 1 of my amp with appropriate adapters.👍
As far as tape player get a Y dual male from tape player to male 1/4" plug into amp, or whatever connectors are warranted.
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

As for CD'S I rip to my computer and load them to a older SanDisk player that does wav and mp3 files, or now to my smart phone. Tapes I hardly use but still have a couple older Walkman type players. Adaptors are available to make the connections and you just have to try and see what works best. Some are noisy and others are fine. Just got a Behringer B205d powered monitor and it works great for playing tracks and I use the extra input for a signal from my steel amp to blend the same.
George Kimery

Tape and CD player

Post by George Kimery »

I have used the Tascam Guitar Trainer. It has the advantage of being able to slow down without changing pitch making learning something off the CD much easier.You can get them on eBay for $50.00 or less. It will also do a loop for repetivive playing of a single section on the CD. Great learning tool. Plug into an amp or stereo
Ron Funk

Post by Ron Funk »

I'll second George's recommendation of Tascam Guitar Trainer.

The ability to speed up or slow down tune without altering the tune's key is great.

And then couple the above with it's Looping capability and the Guitar Trainer is fantastic for learning specific licks / intros, etc.