Icke's interview about Auldridge H.O.F. induction.

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Howard Parker

Icke's interview about Auldridge H.O.F. induction.

Post by Howard Parker »

Podcast interview with Rob Ickes as he discusses Mike Auldridge's induction into the Bluegrass H.O.F.
Howard Parker

03\' Carter D-10
70\'s Dekley D-10
52\' Fender Custom
Many guitars by Paul Beard
Listowner Resoguit-L
gary pierce

Post by gary pierce »

That was great, thanks for posting Howard. I really treasure my classes with Mike, and Dave Gingrich at the first, and second Reso Summit.
HowardR

Post by HowardR »

You have a great interview voice Howard.....well done....
Orville Johnson

Post by Orville Johnson »

Since we're approaching the induction of Mike Auldridge into the HOF and been listening to Howard's great interviews with Jerry and Rob, I thought I might put up this tribute tune for Mike that I recorded the day after he passed away. It's a tune from his influential first album "Dobro".

https://soundcloud.com/orvillej/its-over
John DeBoalt

Ickes Interview

Post by John DeBoalt »

Thanks for posting those interviews Howard. I've been a huge Mike A. fan since I first started playing the instrument. It was nice to hear the reverence for the man and his playing expressed by 2 monster masters of the dobro.
Equipment: Carter D10, Zum Stage1,
Wechter Scheernhorn Reso, Deneve Reso, Fender Jazzmaster, Martin D16, Walker Stereo Steel amp, TC Electronics M One effects unit, JBL 15" speaker cabs,Peavey Nashville 1000,Peavey Revoloution 112, Morrell Lap Steel, Boss DD3 delay,others
John DeBoalt

Ickes Interview

Post by John DeBoalt »

Thanks for posting those interviews Howard. I've been a huge Mike A. fan since I first started playing the instrument. It was nice to hear the reverence for the man and his playing expressed by 2 monster masters of the dobro.
Equipment: Carter D10, Zum Stage1,
Wechter Scheernhorn Reso, Deneve Reso, Fender Jazzmaster, Martin D16, Walker Stereo Steel amp, TC Electronics M One effects unit, JBL 15" speaker cabs,Peavey Nashville 1000,Peavey Revoloution 112, Morrell Lap Steel, Boss DD3 delay,others
Howard Parker

Post by Howard Parker »

Thanks for the kind words folks. I have a legendary bluegrass broadcaster teaching me the ropes!

She's a great editor :)

h
Howard Parker

03\' Carter D-10
70\'s Dekley D-10
52\' Fender Custom
Many guitars by Paul Beard
Listowner Resoguit-L
Richard Keller

Post by Richard Keller »

That was a great interview. Mike was such a great dobro player.
I was fortunate to be able to acquire Mikes Stereo Steel amplifier he used playing pedal steel from his brother Tommy. There was a hand written note by Mike in the case showing how to hookup the amp. Makes me feel like I have a small connection to Mike.