Tommy Detamore

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ford Cole

Post by Ford Cole »

Danny, Mr. Detamore is planning to be with Jake tonight. Can't wait for the show to begin!! fc
Danny Letz

Post by Danny Letz »

Ford and I got to hear Tommy play and get to know him. Great player and a prince of a guy. That whole Jake Hooker band is top knotch and how about those twin fiddles of Hank Sanger and Jess Meador. It honestly don't get much better.
Kenneth Kotsay

Post by Kenneth Kotsay »

I was listening to a Bobby Flores CD with Tommy Detamore on one of the recordings, awesome, just awesome traditional pedal steel.

CD - TOO MANY RIVERS
SONG - TOO LATE
Randall Palmore

Tommy

Post by Randall Palmore »

I echo all that has been said about Tommy Detamore. Thanks to my friend, Johnny Cox for posting! Tommy is not only a monster steel player, he is one of the most humble, nicest guys you’ll ever meet. Ford and Danny sure wish I could have made the Old Glory dance to hear Tommy, Jake and the band. I bet it was awesome. I’m sure it reminded y’all of the “good ole days” at Hall! Hope to see them next time. Randall
Bill Lowe

wow!!!

Post by Bill Lowe »

JCH D10, 71 D10 P/p fat back, Telonics TCA 500C--12-,Fender JBL Twin, Josh Swift signature.
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

real gentleman, and awesome player, tried to steal some licks from him, but unsuccessfully lol
Pete Burak

Post by Pete Burak »

I have two Shows with Jesse Daniel today, and am reviewing some of Tommy's licks on Jesse's upcoming CD this morning. Very nice!!!