Pevey Nashville 115

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Billy J Bonner

Pevey Nashville 115

Post by Billy J Bonner »

I JUST BOUGHT A 115 AND I'M NOT GETTING THE SOUND THAT I'M LOOKING FOR CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE ON SETTING AND PEDALS THAT MIGHT HELP OUT WITH IT!
Sho Pro S10 , Sho Bud D10 and Carter S10 with Nashville 1000
Dale McPherson

Try this

Post by Dale McPherson »

Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

Your question is very subjective. What sound are you looking for?
What kind of steel are you using?
What kind of volume pedal are you using?
What pickups are on your steel?
What is your picking level, ie, beginner, pro?

Here are my settings using either my Carter or Emmons with my Goodrich OMNI volume pedal.

I sit my amp on the floor with a wedge under the front to slightly tilt it back.

AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
Roger Ray

Post by Roger Ray »

My settings are almost identical to Bill's and I find the tone to be pretty classic Peavey. Sort of a blend between a Nashville 400 and Nashville 1000? Definitely have to dial out a considerable amount of 800 to get there. Also, I've found the effects to be only OK. The delay is fine … but the digital Spring Reverb not so much. Does anyone else find this to be true?
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

Every Peavey amp with the Parametric EQ from the Session 500 to the Nashville 112 I've set the EQ the same (and with a PP Emmons and my Franklin).

Bass +9
Mid 800Hz and -2 to -3
High and Presence 0 to +1
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

Be sure to get the speaker broken in as well. It takes a good many hours for a speaker to season.
Last edited by Roger Crawford on 28 Jun 2019 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

Jack, I understand what you are saying about the same setting as previous Peavey Amps.

However, the Session 115 is somewhat different.
First it has a digital power amp that does affect the tone slightly. Then, we have a whole new group of engineers at Peavey (due to age). Then we have this world full of electronic parts that though they may say they are the same, they are not.
This is why the Prototype Session 115 created such a stir. It was built on the same premise as the Nashville 400 and Nashville 112, but sounded entirely different (worse).
I spent many hours at Peavey in a room with Hartley Peavey, Mike Brown and several engineers, along with my equipment, working on the EQ section of the new amp.

So the Session 115 is NOT the same EQ section as the older amps. Hence, the difference in my settings compared to the older amps.

Roger, I understand what you are saying about the digital spring reverb. I like a pan reverb, but the new pans are junk.
I use a combination of the digital spring reverb and a little of the plate reverb (built in) and find the sound very pleasing.

I took my Session 115 to a jam session here in Pensacola a couple of weeks ago. I was amongst a group of former road and session players. I heard nothing but praise about the new Session 115.

I will tell you this. I got the first Session 115 to come off the line and in the beginning was not happy with it. However, after a couple of returns, Peavey nailed it and I could not be happier. That was at the end of 2016. All the amps built since then should have the modifications done to mine in the beginning.

Hope this helps.
Bill
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

There was a new 115 at one of our steel jams. The guy that brought it works at a music store that is a Peavey dealer. I didn't notice much difference in how he had it set than what I use. He was playing a Sho-Bud LDG through it.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

Yep, some still just go to the old settings and there is nothing wrong with that.
I was just explaining the differences.

Oh and while we are here, let's see if the author of this thread will edit the title and correct the spelling of Pevey.
It's Peavey.
Greg Cutshaw

Post by Greg Cutshaw »

The new MOD reverb pans are amazing. Both in their reliable construction and non tinny sound. I've used them in my Steel King and Nashville 400 and they are easily as good as the vintage Accutronics and Hammond tanks.
Bob Frederick

115 settings

Post by Bob Frederick »

I have a 115 that I have had two years I set bass for the room I'm in ( usually 3:00 position) / the mid always a 0. / mid bal in the middle/ treble and presence about 3:00 position that changes with the room