Steel Player Needed for 3 Wyoming Gigs

Musicians wanted for bands or recording projects

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Blake English

Steel Player Needed for 3 Wyoming Gigs

Post by Blake English »

Few Miles South needs a pedal steel sub for gigs in Casper, WY. and Ten Sleep, WY.. on August 8,9 & 10, 2019.

Please contact:
Blake English
info@fewmilessouth.com
424-345-5403

Thanks!
Boo Bernstein

Post by Boo Bernstein »

I played most of the steel on their last two albums -- Blake and Tori (the heart of Few Miles South) are very talented and have some great songs; it would be a fun gig for a steel player.

Here's a taste of what they do -- real honky-tonk music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQDOCtsOr_c
Dennis Brion

Post by Dennis Brion »

What happened to their steel player to cause need for sub? The guy in the video looks like he can play!
1969 Custom built d10, Fender 25R practice amp,Dunlop pedal, Peavy Special 130 w/15" Blackwidow, Gretsch resonator, 41 Gibson 7 string lap steel, Epiphone flat top, 67 Epiphone Olympic
Blake English

Post by Blake English »

Thanks Boo! Hey Dennis, unfortunately, our tour steel player had a family emergency and had to cancel the summer tour with us. We'll miss him for sure.
Boo Bernstein

Post by Boo Bernstein »

Dennis -- Thanks! I am the steel player in the video; I had played the track for their first album -- this video was done a few years ago here in California. As I said, this would be a fun gig for a steel player!
Dennis Brion

Post by Dennis Brion »

That video was well done and no matter who is playing on a steel I watch their hands and try to associate the sound with neck position. Plus watching your moves in the video you can tell you are a "p!ayer"
1969 Custom built d10, Fender 25R practice amp,Dunlop pedal, Peavy Special 130 w/15" Blackwidow, Gretsch resonator, 41 Gibson 7 string lap steel, Epiphone flat top, 67 Epiphone Olympic