beginner pedal steel

Post here if you're looking for something special
Nicholas Gonzalez

beginner pedal steel

Post by Nicholas Gonzalez »

Currently a guitar player and trying to get into pedal steel. I currently have a Gretch lap steel and have been building chops but I know the pedal steel is it’s own beast! With that being said I am looking for a beginner pedal steel. Something cheap that would be great to learn on. Open to suggestions to point me in the right directions! Thanks!
Greg Thompson

Post by Greg Thompson »

A Zum Stage One
Prototype Zum Encore,5&4 NZ made Rockit Champ 60watt and 100watt Amplifiers, Hilton Pedal,NYXL Strings
Douglas Schuch

Post by Douglas Schuch »

I would suggest contacting Doug Earnest at Stage One Steel Guitars - he builds the Zumsteel Encore - basic body, but with full pro Zumsteel changer and pull train - $1649 with 3 pedals and 5 knee levers. The thing about the guitars he builds is, if you either decide you want something more glammed out, or if you give it up after a valiant effort, you can sell the guitar for probably exactly what you paid for it, so you are only out the shipping.

His website says he is not taking orders, but I'd email him and inquire, and mention that you are a forum member. May not help, but won't hurt!
Pedal steel, lap steel, resonator, blues harp - why suck at just one instrument when you can do so on many?
Patrick Sullivan

Post by Patrick Sullivan »

x 2 on getting an Encore. The website has said that for a long time. I called Doug last September and had a new Encore by Christmas, best decision ever.
James Yoder

Beginner steel.

Post by James Yoder »

I have a Jimmie Hudson 6 string steel. Built in March 2019. 3 floor 2 knee. $750.00 plus shipping. steeljim11@gmail.com
James Yoder

Beginner steel.

Post by James Yoder »

Send me your phone # and i will send them that way. My phone is 419-340-2390