Terry Wendt on That Good Old Nashville Music

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

George Kimery

Post by George Kimery »

Did anybody else see Terry with Jimmy C Newman on this show Saturday night? Jimmy was playing the opry on a night I was attending a Jeff Newman class. Jeff hooked a few of us students up with Terry. Terry pulled a few strings and got us backstage at the opry. That was my first time backstage and a most memorable experience. So Terry, if you are reading this, thanks for the memories.
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

Thanks for the info on who that was. I didn't know who the Steeler was.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
J R Rose

Post by J R Rose »

George, Thanks for that info. I had no clue who that young was but he could pick, J.R.
Black Performance SD-10, 2002. Peavey LTD 400 with 15" Eminence EPS 15-C, Sho-Bud Seat, Goodrich L-120 Pedal, Sho-Bud Bar, Picks, Cords. Nothing else.
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

A good player, and a very colorful steel. couldn't tell what kind he was playing.
Mullen G2 SD10 3 & 5 The Eagle
NV112 amp===Earnie Ball V.P.
Dave Grothusen

Post by Dave Grothusen »

Terry got me backstage one time also.
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

Who was playing behind John Conlee?
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.
Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

Didn't see the show, however I do remember Terry from Nashville and as the originator of the short lived Pedal Steel .us magazine from the early 00's.

I was dismayed that the print magazine just never had enough support to make it, but I appreciate the effort.

There was a lot of good info in there. Some golden words from Lloyd Green, Seymour, Mike Smith et al. plus some insight into the Nashville scene from co-editor Shorty Rogers.
George Kimery

Post by George Kimery »

Terry put together Shania Twain's first road band and wrote a book on the experience, plus a lot of other stuff, and sold it here on the forum. After I read it, I sold it to another forum member. Interesting story about how he met Mike Snyder. Both were state winners in an FFA talent contest. Mike from TN and Terry from Nebraska (not sure, could have been Kansas) They met at the national finals and became friends.
Last edited by George Kimery on 14 Feb 2019 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ron Scott

Post by Ron Scott »

Terry is from Mid Michigan. Great player.
Franklin D10 Stereo - 8 and 6 - Black Box-Zum Encore 4 and 5 Nashville 400,Session 400, DD3 for delay ,also Benado Effects pedal.
Steeling with Franklin's..and Zum Encore
Kenny Foy

Post by Kenny Foy »

Really enjoyed watchin Terry on that show. An awesome player and friend.
Terry Wendt

Post by Terry Wendt »

Wow! How cool to find this post 8)
Did anyone happen to video tape this show?
Thanks for the info.
W. C. Edgar
Location: Iowa City Iowa, Madison CT, Nashville, Austin, Phoenix, East Coast Soon!

Post by W. C. Edgar »

If it was the sky blue D-10 is was his new Zumm
I saw him play it live on it's first gig at the Cotillion in Wichita
Sweet guitar
WC
Kenny Foy

Post by Kenny Foy »

Terry mite no this, can't tell what brand it is, definitely not the 2-pedal Bud,and the guitar was a double and it had some kind of multi-colored rectangle emblem all across front of guitar with an international harvester emblem, a cross and a blue T, the word plow with 2 red rectangles on each end of emblem. What about it Terry?
Kenny Foy

Post by Kenny Foy »

Found out the 2 red rectangles on each end, of guitar, is actually reflectors off an International Harvester tractor. His papa was in the I-H business.