"That's Why I'm Walkin"-Ricky Skaggs-Terry Crisp Steel

Written music for steel guitar

Moderator: Ricky Davis

Jeff Garden

"That's Why I'm Walkin"-Ricky Skaggs-Terry Crisp Steel

Post by Jeff Garden »

Here's a request for Charlie Hall - hope it's close. "(Angel On My Mind) That's Why I'm Walkin'" is off Ricky Skaggs' 1988 album "Comin' Home To Stay" with some real nice Terry Crisp steel.
There's a cool move at the bottom of page 2 from 7AB to 6ABD to 5D where things all sort of morph together.
Questions, comments, and corrections always welcome.
Here it is on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oj_N72zUzo

Brett Resnick

Post by Brett Resnick »

When the solo starts there is definitely a open drone string thing used extensively for the better part of the solo. If your playing over a B chord you have plenty of great options on top. F# is the 5th D# is the 3rd and A with the B pedal is the Dom 7. Terry Crisp played his ass off on this track! Fearless and creative playing to the max. Some of the best tone and touch I’ve ever heard. Would love to know what he was playing, sounds like a push pull to my ears.
Alexander Rehfeld

Post by Alexander Rehfeld »

Thank you, Jeff!
1974 Sho Bud "The Professional"; 2017 Show Pro D 10; BJS Bar "John Hughey"; Goodrich Steel Driver III; Live Steel Strings
Charlie Hall

Tab

Post by Charlie Hall »

OUTSTANDING JOB Jeff,,,,,,,,,,THANK YOU

Charlie Hall
Jeff Garden

Post by Jeff Garden »

Thanks, guys!

Brett - I thought something was missing to fatten up the solo and an open drone string fits that nicely. Thanks :)
Jim Reynolds

Post by Jim Reynolds »

Beautiful song wrote and sung by Stonewall Jackson. Ricky does a great job on it.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.