Is anyone interested in an Anapeg pedal steel guitar

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Ken Byng

Post by Ken Byng »

Isn't it strange that there are people on here who have bright ideas of Colin Goss giving this guitar away. Would they do it if it was their guitar? I very much doubt it. :roll: :roll:
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Infinity SD10 (4+5) Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,
David Rattray

Post by David Rattray »

I seldom post but this time my thoughts wander to Mr Tom Brumley ...I feel he would want this steel out and being played ...when Rolene put it up for sale I sweat bullets over buying it still do ...what in blazes good would it do being stuck in some old museum ...they are made to be played heard and loved by steel pickers...all the best Colin ...and thank you good sir for making it available to the steel community ... :) ...screw the dusty old barns...
Jeremy Threlfall

Post by Jeremy Threlfall »

This will sell

a Ferrari will take longer to sell than a Corvette, sometimes

Colin is not speeding up the process by posting an asking price, which is totally his call, and may be to his benefit in the end

I am sure he is having discussions with interested people

Those who are not ever going to buy this should just shut up. Those of us who possibly could but definitely shouldn't should simply look away
John Goux

Post by John Goux »

Brumley's groove and tone on the ZB were as good as it gets. He's one of my personal steel guitar heroes.
I'd love to have that thing. 11 strings...headless design. Who is comfortable taking a 5 figure guitar to a bar gig? The new Sierra guys do it. But those are not celebrity instruments, yet.
John
b0b

Post by b0b »

The Anapeg is not a fragile instrument, John. I wouldn't hesitate to gig with it.
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

b0b wrote:The Anapeg is not a fragile instrument, John. I wouldn't hesitate to gig with it.
I would hesitate. Five-figure guitar? I've had drunk dancers fall onto to the stage and into me and disaster ensues. One put a dent on the edge of a '65 Emmons I was playing that night. And, being drunk on her fat ass, laughed about it. :x

I don't take irreplaceable instruments to bar gigs anymore... controlled concert situations, perhaps; but not gigs where the audience is on relatively the same plane as the band. I play my Infinity, which as a new guitar is at least somewhat replaceable. It's a pricey guitar itself, but so is a Mullen, MSA, Show-Pro, or any top-shelf instrument that can be acquired fairly easily.

Of course, ANY instrument is ultimately "replaceable." Guitars, like jewelry and everything else, are just "stuff."
My rig: Infinity and Telonics.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Jeff Spencer

Post by Jeff Spencer »

Those of us who are privileged to own a Anapeg know their value as a players instrument but this one has history we all know being Tom's first guitar. Noel knows every inch of this guitar revealed when I pointed this thread out to him. A wonderful story of him tweaking it to Tom's 'ears' on his loungroom floor upon delivery. He can tell you the timber, where it came from etc.
good luck with the sale Colin but the hope is it gets 'played'!!
Johnie King

Post by Johnie King »

Very good point David I agree she needs to sing again. I think she would go fast if she was still in USA. The right person just hasn’t seen this Anapeg.
Colin Goss

Anapeg S11

Post by Colin Goss »

Having had numerous pms as well as the posts in the forum, allow me to respond.....

As far as donating to to the hall of fame - sorry NO. This was my working equipment and now that I am giving up playing, I need to realise its value.

Some have asked how it could be shipped to USA or OZ.

The guitar is in a fully fitted flight case. There is a local courier that I have used to deliver steel guitars across Europe, and they have given me quotations for all of USA and they will deliver to other destinations. I also have insurance quotations to cover the guitar for any damage in transit.

Now some dimensions.

Guitar weight 64oz 18.14kg
Flight case 23.5 oz, 6.66kg
Total weight 87.5 oz 24.8kg

Dimensions of case 30.5 in X 16.25 in x 8.5 in
77cm x 41.5 cm x 21.5 cm.

I have also been asked about the height to the underside of the back apron - it is 26 in or 66cm.

I have had some offers for the guitar and they are close to the price that I would sell it for.

However this is one special instrument - and for the players, it never breaks strings - ever!
It is one of the easiest I have ever played. Wonderful mechanism.
It stays in tune - all the time.
My wife commented that this guitar when compared with others I have had, sounds like a concert grand compared to an upright piano. The tone is majestic.

Sales pitch over.

Send me an offer - I will pay for the shipment and insurance. Cannot offer fairer than that.

I am not in a hurry- so if it suits you to wait a while, it is not a problem.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Colin
C R Goss

Anapeg -> Peavey Transtubefex - > Peavey CX200 -> pair Peavey 112 BW speakers
Jeremy Threlfall

Post by Jeremy Threlfall »

Did you sell this in the end, Colin?
Colin Goss

Anapeg

Post by Colin Goss »

Not yet
C R Goss

Joe Rogers

Post by Joe Rogers »

I hadn't been to the St. Louis steel convention in years after moving to Nashville in the 90's. The one year I decided to go, Tom grabbed me and said, "Joe you have to come and see my new guitar!" He was unbelievably excited and I saw why when I went into the hotel room to feast my eyes on this beast. The finish looks like the finest custom built furniture you can possibly imagine. The finish gives the impression it is layers deep. Tom and Noel demonstrated how the top was independent of the changer. My memory cannot recall the particulars, but I can say that it is quite unlike any steel mechanism you have ever seen. There is no cabinet drop on this guitar, and as Susan correctly mentioned, it plays like butter. Years before, Tom demonstrated the benefits of his 11-string tuning for me....the ability to get all of your E9th as well as a LOT of C6th voicings.

Whoever buys this guitar will be buying a true gem. I have played on it and it has left a lifelong mark in my brain. I always wished I could have afforded one...even better to know it was Tom's pride and joy.

Joe Rogers
b0b

Post by b0b »

Colin, is the copedent you posted what Tom had on the guitar?
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
Colin Goss

Anapeg

Post by Colin Goss »

The copedant was changed when Dave Kirk had the guitar direct from Tom/Noel. I bought it from Dave and added one change. It could easily be restored.

Subject to receipt of funds the guitar is under offer .

Colin
C R Goss

Colin Goss

Anapeg guitar now sold

Post by Colin Goss »

I am pleased to have reached agreement with a US player and the guitar is on its way to him.

Colin Goss
C R Goss