Steel Downunder - Paul Agar

Steel guitar web sites, videos and recordings on the Internet

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Paul Agar

Steel Downunder - Paul Agar

Post by Paul Agar »

Hey Everyone,
I'm not sure that this meets the general standard of steel playing on this forum, and it's my first post, but I'll put it out there anyway... An interpretation of the Townes Van Zandt classic "No Place To Fall". Thanks to B0b and all the Moderaters for this Awesome resource that is The Steel Guitar Forum!
Paul
https://youtu.be/R0DaxYtQyho
Zumsteel S10, Fender Dual Pro D8, Excel Jerry Byrd D8, Guyatone HG308C, Peavey Nashville 112, Fender Vibrolux, Hilton.
Nigel Mullen

Post by Nigel Mullen »

Paul: I liked it a lot. Great playing!!!!!NM
Paul Agar

Post by Paul Agar »

Much appreciated Nigel!
Zumsteel S10, Fender Dual Pro D8, Excel Jerry Byrd D8, Guyatone HG308C, Peavey Nashville 112, Fender Vibrolux, Hilton.
Will Johnston

Post by Will Johnston »

Very nice Paul, I very much enjoyed that, thanks for posting
Will
Ivan Posa

Post by Ivan Posa »

Nice work on the Zum Paul.
Paul Agar

Post by Paul Agar »

Will Johnston wrote:Very nice Paul, I very much enjoyed that, thanks for posting
Will
Hi Will, thank you so much, all the best! Paul
Paul Agar

Post by Paul Agar »

Ivan Posa wrote:Nice work on the Zum Paul.
Hey Ivan, great to hear from a fellow Kiwi (any relation to Peter?). Thanks for your comment - are you still playing the Anapeg? I met Noel some years back at the Brisbane convention - lovely man. Cheers, Paul
Tomi Graso

Post by Tomi Graso »

Hey Paul, really like your playing, beautiful tone you got on that ZumSteel. I Would like to keep in touch, I live in Sydney , if you're ever up this way lemme know , we should catch up. Keep up a good work and "Keep that Thumb pick Hot"
Looking forward meeting you one day : )

Regards
Tomi-steel
Paul Agar

Post by Paul Agar »

Wow Tomi!

I'm mightily humbled by your kind words, you are such an awesome player! I'm on the North Coast and am in Sydney two or three times a year, will let you know when I'm coming down next for sure. In the meantime I've got a lot of practice to do (which still won't get me even close to you on a really really bad day...).

Cheers and thank you
Paul
Paul Agar

Post by Paul Agar »

Not to say that you ever have those kind of days, I couldn't imagine it...