Is anyone interested in an Anapeg pedal steel guitar

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Colin Goss

Is anyone interested in an Anapeg pedal steel guitar

Post by Colin Goss »

Is anyone interested in acquiring an Anapeg pedal steel guitar?

Anapeg S11 reluctantly for sale.

In absolutely magnificent condition. Fantastic tone

Never breaks strings.

Made of gidgee wood with stainless steel fittings.

Tone switch under deck

Marquetry design on players side

Marquetry design on front – TRB

Oh yes – the guitar was made for Tom Brumley and was his first Anapeg.

Can be heard on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykYc20_QCbQ

Serious enquiries only.

Why am I selling?

After serious abdominal operations, I can no longer transport the guitar, and there is now a complete lack of venues near where I live.

C R Goss

Anapeg -> Peavey Transtubefex - > Peavey CX200 -> pair Peavey 112 BW speakers
Tommy Auldridge

Price?

Post by Tommy Auldridge »

Do you have an asking price in mind? Tommy.....
Colin Goss

Anapeg s11

Post by Colin Goss »

This is a unique guitar and I have had some interest immediately.

I am looking for sensible offers.

Colin Goss
C R Goss

Bob Carlucci

Re: Anapeg s11

Post by Bob Carlucci »

Colin Goss wrote:This is a unique guitar and I have had some interest immediately.

I am looking for sensible offers.

Colin Goss
You have to decide what is sensible.. Most of us realize its not going to go cheap, but only you know what you paid, and what you expect to get for it... putting an asking price on it is only fair... bob
I'm over the hill and hittin'rocks on the way down!

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......
Johnie King

Post by Johnie King »

I would think this steel would sell in the five figures.
Last edited by Johnie King on 20 Feb 2019 9:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Colin Goss

Anapeg

Post by Colin Goss »

More than happy to negotiate via email or PM rather than publicly posting prices.

My listing was to let members know that it is available

Colin Goss
C R Goss

Susan Alcorn

Post by Susan Alcorn »

These are incredibly well-made and beautiful sounding. Also, the pedals and and knee levers are precise and smooth like butter. Bobby Bowman called the Anapeg "The Rolls Royce of Pedal Steel Guitars". Noel Anstead retired from building pedal steels, and there are relatively few of these out there - whoever buys this will not only be buying a piece of history (Tom Brumley), but an incredible guitar.
www.susanalcorn.net

"So this is how you swim inward. So this is how you flow outwards. So this is how you pray."
- Mary Oliver
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

I read somewhere that if he built a guitar for you, he would deliver it in person and fit it to that particular person. :D
Erv
Johnie King

Post by Johnie King »

Susan says it best I agree.
J R Rose

Post by J R Rose »

Yes, But if you are listing something for sale put a price on it. If it is a Rolls Royce or the Hope Diamond they put a price on it. This site is not a auction site, it says Steel Guitars FOR SALE. Why should anyone on this forum send you an offer when they do not know what the high bidder is. It is a waste of that person time. Yes, I agree that it is one of a kind so hire an appraiser to give you what is a fair price and list it. Or just come up with what you think it is worth and price it. Someone will buy it if they know how much. J.R. Rose
Black Performance SD-10, 2002. Peavey LTD 400 with 15" Eminence EPS 15-C, Sho-Bud Seat, Goodrich L-120 Pedal, Sho-Bud Bar, Picks, Cords. Nothing else.
Colin Goss

Anapeg

Post by Colin Goss »

Search “ Anapeg “ in the “for sale steel guitars.”

Previous similar instruments have not had a price -see the sale in 2014.

I don’t want an auction. Just a realistic price for an incredible instrument

Colin
C R Goss

b0b

Post by b0b »

Prices are not mandatory here. If you're seriously interested, send Colin an email.

Johnie King wrote that he thinks it should sell in the 5 figures (USD). I agree. Anapegs are rare and spectacular instruments, and this one was built for a legendary Hall Of Fame player.
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

only other guitar I would dare to compare this one to, would be a new Sierra by Ross Shafer...
J R Rose

Post by J R Rose »

Sorry b0b, I meant no disrespect. Just voicing my feelings which maybe should not have. J.R.
Black Performance SD-10, 2002. Peavey LTD 400 with 15" Eminence EPS 15-C, Sho-Bud Seat, Goodrich L-120 Pedal, Sho-Bud Bar, Picks, Cords. Nothing else.
Jon Zimmerman

Annie

Post by Jon Zimmerman »

What Damir sez! 👌

Colin: sorry you must part ways. I hope an enthusiastic BUYER finds you ..and a smooth
outcome follows. 😎
Michael Hardee

Post by Michael Hardee »

I talked to Noel back in 1992 and cost with flight case and shipping to US was $4500 for a guitar similar to Tom Brumley's or Al Perkins'. Later on before he retired cost was $8000 to $9000. Whoever buys this one will get a very special part of PSG history.
Ross Shafer

Post by Ross Shafer »

Damir Basic wrote:only other guitar I would dare to compare this one to, would be a new Sierra by Ross Shafer...
I consider that very high praise Damir, thank you!
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

Ross Shafer wrote:
Damir Basic wrote:only other guitar I would dare to compare this one to, would be a new Sierra by Ross Shafer...
I consider that very high praise Damir, thank you!

you are very welcome Ross, I sure would love to own one of each, Sierra and Anapeg, maybe one day...
Colin Goss

Anapeg shipping

Post by Colin Goss »

I have been asked about shipping. I have a local courier that has delivered steels to Italy and Switzerland, so this is not an issue.
The guitar has its own fitted flight case, so it will be secure.

Hope this helps
C R Goss

James Quackenbush

Post by James Quackenbush »

Colin,
Thanks for sharing such a beautiful and tonefull instrument with us....Those talented enough,and or wealthy enough, that can afford an instrument of this caliber should count their blessings that this instrument is available.....A true piece of history......Jim
Thomas Ruikkie

Post by Thomas Ruikkie »

Perhaps the country music hall of fame would like it for a steel guitar history display...consider the donation as a tax write off and everyone could enjoy seeing it at the museum....just a thought.....[/b]
Johnie King

Post by Johnie King »

James I agree
Wow if this was a tele from someone as famous as Tom Brumley instead of five figures it would be a 1,000,000 dollars. Who needs a tax right off I need a tax refund. Dog gone steel guitar is what made country music famous.
C Dixon

Tom Brumbly

Post by C Dixon »

The Anapeg PSG has an awesome sound when played by players like Tom Brumley. Noel Anstesd built it exactly as Tom wanted it.

I played Tom's Anapeg in his home in Branson, MO, years ago. This was just after he had made one of his most beautiful CD's using his Anapeg; and he played some of THE most awesome phrases I ever heard. Click on the link from this CD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvnvPL-2Omw

Note: Two of the songs on this CD Tom used his Rickenbacker 7 string.

There will never be another Tom Brumley again. His touch was like NO one else's. One of the most exciting days in Tom's life (according to him) was when Buddy Emmons walked up to Tom in Madison Square Garden; which featured several country bands; and Buddy said, "Hoss if the rest of your playing is like what you played on "Together Again"; You're a helluva steel guitar player!". THAT was a rare scenario for BE, believe you me!

Of course, Tom went on to become one of THE greatest PSG player's there will ever be. I am sure that BE continued to be amazed at what Tom played.

May Jesus rest the souls of Tom and Buddy; and may he bless all of you and yours always.
A broken heart + † = a new heart.
Ken Byng

Post by Ken Byng »

Sorry you can't cope with moving your guitar Colin. I hope you get an offer that is commensurate with the true value of your Anapeg. It is an instrument that has historical value in addition to being one of the best ever built.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Infinity SD10 (4+5) Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,
Thomas Ruikkie

Anapeg

Post by Thomas Ruikkie »

Perhaps its time to donate it to the Country Music Hall of Fame...or do an auction right here on this site, or use one of the many online auction sites...that way you will likely find the true interest in your guitar.

thanks
TR