The real book

Post here if you're looking for something special
Robert Bowling

The real book

Post by Robert Bowling »

Just started getting into jazz/swing music and would like to find a copy of the real book. Or any material that would be a step in the right direction for new to the style guitar player. Thanks
Steve Hitsman

Post by Steve Hitsman »

The Real Book isn’t sold “under the counter” anymore. You can order it from Amazon.
Fred Treece

Post by Fred Treece »

I don’t know how this is legal, but I found the Django Fakebook a few days ago, free download. All the great Gypsy swing stuff is in it, plus many jazz standards.

https://geosci.uchicago.edu/~archer/jaz ... o_2008.pdf
Charlie Paterno

Post by Charlie Paterno »

Contact Mike Ihde. He still may sell a CD called—Fake Book Collection— .It contains about 8 different fake books. Once downloaded you can print out a song at a time and not have to deal with a book.
Robert Bowling

Real Book

Post by Robert Bowling »

Thanks, everyone for the help. Appreciate you all.
John Steele

Post by John Steele »

If you use an iPhone, there is an inexpensive app called "iRealPro" which is the digital version of the Real Book. It has the somewhat incredible advantage of acting as a player of any chosen chart as a backup track. The tracks are basic, but you have the option of changing keys, tempos, etc. so it's a great practice tool.
- John
Keith Bolog

ireal pro

Post by Keith Bolog »

I use ireal pro all the time, its terrific but caution its not a sub for the Real Book, which has notes scored, occasionaly words too, in addition to the chords.
Say what you mean. Mean what you say.