Where do I go the 5th and 6th of March in Dallas area?

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Lord Kare Myrberg

Where do I go the 5th and 6th of March in Dallas area?

Post by Lord Kare Myrberg »

Hi!
I am visiting the 35th seminar in Dallas. Arriving the 5th. Where do I go to hear traditional country music with steel guitar in the Dallas Area, on Tuesday and/or Wednesday, before the seminar?

Regards,
Lord Kare
Lord Kare Myrberg

Maybe I have to stay in my hotel room these days!

Maybe I have to stay in my hotel room watching TV these days if nothing happens in Dallas?
George Duncan Sypert

Post by George Duncan Sypert »

Tommy Hooker is usually playing somewhere close. If not check the Finish Line a little out of Ft Worth. You can always go to the stockyards to the Longhorn Saloon. Usually have a band on Wednesday, might be Landon Dodd, good singer and band.

Do a search of entertainment in the country vain for those dates. Doubt you will find anything earlier than Wednesday.

Good luck.

George
Lord Kare Myrberg

Thanks for your help!
Jody Taylor

Post by Jody Taylor »

Also try White Elephant in Fort Worth. As of now they don't have their March calendar filled up yet but they will.

https://whiteelephantsaloon.com
David Hodan

Coupla Venues

Post by David Hodan »

Here are two Dallas Area Venues that usually have Steel Guitar. Hanks has had a regular player (Dave Biggers), that plays with all the bands. I know a fellow TSGA Steel player that plays at Lonestar Roadhouse. Neither one of these is all that close to the Jamboree Hotel. Check their Calendar's....

https://www.hankstexasgrill.com/

http://lonestarroadhouse.com/Home.php
Buddie Hrabal

Real Country Music is here!

Post by Buddie Hrabal »

On Wednesday nights at the Longhorn Saloon in the Historic Stockyards in Ft. Worth Texas, Landon Dodd. Great band with fiddle and steel guitar. Look it up on internet "Lil' Red's Longhorn Saloon" Well worth the drive
1975 Emmons P/P D-10, Sierra Sesion D-10, Dekley HS-210, Sho-Bud "Blue Darlin" V, Evans FET-500HV amp,Goodrich L-120 pedal
Lord Kare Myrberg

Thanks to all of you for good suggestions!
J R Rose

Post by J R Rose »

Gary Carpenter used to play with Landon Dodd their and it don't get no better. J.R.
Black Performance SD-10, 2002. Peavey LTD 400 with 15" Eminence EPS 15-C, Sho-Bud Seat, Goodrich L-120 Pedal, Sho-Bud Bar, Picks, Cords. Nothing else.
Randall Palmore

Dallas steel show week

Post by Randall Palmore »

Lord Kare- At present, Gary is scheduled to play with Tommy Hooker on Thursday March 7 at Hidden Oaks Golf Course in Granbury, which 30 to 40 minutes from Ft Worth. I think they start at 7? Would be worth the trip..Gary has been a popular steel player in the Metroplex area and in Texas for many years.
Lord Kare Myrberg

Does anyone know who is playing steel with Landon Dodd the 6th of March at Longhorn?
Lord Kare Myrberg

Randall! Thanks for the information about Gary C: I might have to rent a car while I am in Texas.
J R Rose

Post by J R Rose »

I suggest that you rent a car, you will be glad you did. J.R.
Black Performance SD-10, 2002. Peavey LTD 400 with 15" Eminence EPS 15-C, Sho-Bud Seat, Goodrich L-120 Pedal, Sho-Bud Bar, Picks, Cords. Nothing else.