Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Roy Carroll

Thanks for the Omni VP

Post by Roy Carroll »

I just want to Thank Bill Ferguson for the quick service in providing me with a new Omni VP. I was able to play 3 jobs since receiving it last week. I have it in the "active" mode.
Very, Very nice and the sound is very close to a passive pot pedal, only cleaner on the bottom. I'm starting to fall in love. What a great piece of equipment! Bill's got the pricing correct as well. Thanks Bill and Thanks to Goodrich!
Just north of the Weird place, south of Georgetown
Gary Kaye

Omni

Post by Gary Kaye »

Lots of great ideas about the Omni. I tried one but also found I had to use a Matchbox to really make it sing and give extra gain like I hoped it would do. If the end user had the option of making some internal changes that would have been really nice.

I had a 10K and ended up putting a toggle switch on it so not to unplug to save the battery, I actually should have put a toggle and LED since sometimes I would forget to hit the switch to off.

The Omni didn't win me over just yet but I do know a few players who are just loving the pedal.
Jim Palenscar

Post by Jim Palenscar »

Thanks for your observations Gary. There are countless ways to influence the output of the OMNI's tone and gain parameters. It was possible to make it quite a bit louder and quite a bit brighter than it is currently however all of that comes at a price- especially when it comes to battery life and limiting the audience to those who are wanting a substantially different tone than a standard pot pedal delivers. While it is definitely possible to add trim pots to allow for more user variations (much like the previous Goodrich LDR) that also comes with a price- not only increase in costs across the board but also brings in a potential source of reliability issues that we are loathe to ask for. It was our decision to add a titch of gain and enough clarity of signal to be pleasing without hampering the basic tonal quality of a pot and destroying the lower frequencies. We might consider allowing for more variations in the future but after taking 3 years to develop the OMNI into what it currently is, we felt it was time to pull the trigger on production.
Dave Zirbel

Post by Dave Zirbel »

The Omni didn't win me over just yet but I do know a few players who are just loving the pedal.
Yep! Loving mine! :D
Dave Zirbel-
Sierra S-10 (Built by Ross Shafer),ZB, Fender 400 guitars, various tube and SS amps
Steve Cattermole

Post by Steve Cattermole »

I just got my new Omni volume pedal and I love everything about it.It works great and sounds great.Love the line out for the tuner.Thanks to all at Goodrich
Larry Sasser

Goodrich Omni volume pedal

Post by Larry Sasser »

I have one of the Omni volume pedals and I think it is the best volume pedal I have ever used. I Love It !!!
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

I agree with Sasser. Even though i love the Telonics pedal, The Omni gives me that smooth pot pedal sound. Plus the new Goodrich volume pots have a great track record. I have only had to replace 2 out of some 200 that i have sold.

Now when you are ready for ANY Goodrich product, get in touch with me. I WILL save you some $$
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
Tony Glassman

Post by Tony Glassman »

So has anyone done an actual Hilton or Telonics vs. Goodrich Omni VP comparison? If so, I’d be interested in it.
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

I was using a Hilton before I got the Omni.
They are both great pedals but I rather prefer the sound of a pot pedal.
Before this, I tried a Hilton against a Telonics and couldn't tell 10 cents difference. :D
Erv
Dick Wood

Post by Dick Wood »

After reading all the comments about this pedal,I bit the bullet and ordered one from Bill which I just got today. I'm lovin it.
Cops aren't paid much so I steel at night.
Jos Roderkerken

Post by Jos Roderkerken »

How do they compare to the ldr 2?

Looking for an extra active pedal bit somhow i cant get use to het hilton sound
Why are you playing an ironingboard??

rriigghhtt
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

Not even similar to an LDR.

The Omni is a pot pedal with a touch of buffer to clean up the raw sound of the volume pot
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.