Soud dead on computer

The machines we love to hate

Moderator: Wiz Feinberg

Eddie Lane

Soud dead on computer

Post by Eddie Lane »

I have a computer based recording studio that has developed a strange problem The Line Out had become partially unplug causing a hum. I plunged it back in and now I have no sound from my studio or any other programs in the computer. However I do have sound from the Line In jack (my instruments). Also the the studio is getting signal from the line in jack. Just no sound from anything inside the computer. Any suggestions?.
Eddie Lane

Post by Eddie Lane »

Just noticed the the computer sound works out of the headphone jack on rear panel but then the sound from the Line In jack is slightly delayed.
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

Try the headset in the Green speaker out jack on the rear and see if you have audio. If there is audio there, then the PC is working OK and its the external speakers (or cable).

A delay (latency) is an issue between the input and what you hear. That is why almost all that have a computer DAW (I am one) use an external recording interface unit. Less latency and better signal to noise ratio. (I have an MOTU 896Mk3 Hybrid, USB connected).
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Eddie Lane

Post by Eddie Lane »

Thanks so much Jack. I will check the cable and speakers.