Bill Stafford's Deep South Steel Guitar Show

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Bill Stafford

Bill Stafford's Deep South Steel Guitar Show

Post by Bill Stafford »

Our Steel Show in Gulfport, Mississippi will be on Nov. 2 and 3, coming up pretty soon. I have already received talented players that have never been here before and the list of players will be really surprising. Our Band Stand will be highly powered again with the best in the business. Roy Rosetta always wants to be here and he is the one that gives me the dates that he is not playing on the steel shows around the country. I am grateful and honored with the great Roy Rosetta sharing his talent with all of us every year. Same location, VFW Post 4526, Dedeaux Rd. Gulfport, Mississippi. I will be making Room reservations for the players and others and will publish information about this very soon. Hopefully we will have a very huge really big time STAR entertainer on stage and to meet and greet our fans etc. In fact, more than one also. Stay tuned.
Ben Lawson

Post by Ben Lawson »

Wow Bill, my luck hasn't changed. My only granddaughter gets married in Indy that weekend!
Maybe next time???
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

Bill's show is always loaded with great talent and it's always a fun weekend. You need to be there if at all possible. Better luck next year, Ben!
Bill Stafford

Bill Stafford's Gulfport Deep South Steel Guitar Show.

Post by Bill Stafford »

Ditto, what Roger says. AND, this year we will be most fortunate in having, not only (Australia's Queen of Country Music-JEAN STAFFORD)- on our stage, WAYNE APPLEBY, Australia's No. One Hall of Fame steel guitarist, will be with us with his just received EXCEL D-10, ten pedals, ten knee levers (Crawford Cluster tuning) with the C6 on the top neck, on out stage both days. Chance in a life time to touch base with these famous musicians and get to really know some of the artists who make our Country Music Great Again. Nov. 2 and 3, Gulfport, Mississippi. Watch for more details as they develop.( Check my Facebook site to give a listen and watch the superb performances of Jean and Wayne on the music videos there).
Danny Harrell

Post by Danny Harrell »

Brenda and I will be there along with our lead guitar player Greg Manchester. Maybe we can get another singer or two from our show we do each month to join us as well. We had lots of fun last year and are looking forward to this year. Mr. Bill puts on a great show. Brenda will be doing some Connie Smith songs as well as some other classic country standards. Maybe I can get my buddy Billy Carr to show me a few things while we are there! Thank you for inviting us Mr. Bill, we appreciate it.