Opening for Pedal Steel/Fiddle with Mickey Gilley

Musicians wanted for bands or recording projects

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Michael T. Hermsmeyer

Opening for Pedal Steel/Fiddle with Mickey Gilley

Post by Michael T. Hermsmeyer »

Hey everybody! If you haven’t already heard, I have taken positions with two different shows in Branson, MO as of March 2018. I will be working with Jim Stafford in his long running show at his theatre as well as a brand new show called Heartland Country featuring lots of great classic country music and a great cast, also at the Jim Stafford Theatre!
Because of this, I must leave my position with Country legend Mickey Gilley! MG would like my help in finding a suitable replacement! Most of the music in the show is simply Mickeys 17 #1 hits! He does want a steel player who also can play a few fiddle parts! The Urban Cowboy Band won a Grammy for their performance of Orange Blossom Special in the Urban Cowboy movie so that’s pretty important. Plus there are a few licks and intros in the first half of the show. We have been doing a portion of Devil Went Down To Georgia in the Urban Cowboy Medley since I joined but not sure that they will continue it. We do often also back up Johnny Lee so knowing Cherokee Fiddle is a plus!
The steel parts on both shows (MG & JL) are not that difficult. Only a few rides but a lot of intricate tasty licks throughout the show. Sonny Garrish played on most of Gilley’s big hits in the 80’s so most of it is along those lines.
My last show is February 24th so we have until then to find someone. Your shows will start the first weekend of March 2018!
Please contact me here or through PM and I will put you in touch with bandleader Norman Carlson! Thanks!
Currently retired from performing music in Branson, MO
'73 EMMONS D10 FATBACK, '92 EMMONS D10 LASHLEY LEGRANDE, Bray Resonator Guitar,'95 DOBRO F60S, '85 Dobro 60DS, '95 MELOBAR CUSTOM, 1948 National Grand Console D-8, 1951 Supro Clipper S-6. EVANS, FENDER, PEAVEY,
and MESA BOOGIE Amps...

www.onemancountryshow.com

www.facebook.com/utilityman2000
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

Michael.....Id be interested...Untethered, and mobile...
ARTIST RELATIONS: MSA GUITARS
2017 MSA LEGEND XL D10, S10, Studio Pro S12 EXE9
Mullen G2, Rittenberry S10, Infinity D10, Zumsteel 8+9
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Michael T. Hermsmeyer

Hey Mickey! I’ll give your name to Norm our bandleader! Didn’t know you played fiddle!
'73 EMMONS D10 FATBACK, '92 EMMONS D10 LASHLEY LEGRANDE, Bray Resonator Guitar,'95 DOBRO F60S, '85 Dobro 60DS, '95 MELOBAR CUSTOM, 1948 National Grand Console D-8, 1951 Supro Clipper S-6. EVANS, FENDER, PEAVEY,
and MESA BOOGIE Amps...

Robert Jones

Post by Robert Jones »

Good morning Michael. I have been talking to Gary about this and am interested in doing this gig with Gilley. On my profile I have a link to my soundcloud page that you or Gary can go to and hear some of my work. If I need to come and audition that won't be a problem either. I know time is short as we have been talking about this. Gary has my number so please have him call me if I need to do anything. Best of luck to you sir in your new show.
Mullen Royal Precision D10 Red Lacquer Pearl inlay 8&8
"Life is too short for bad tone."
https://mullenguitars.com/
http://www.bjsbars.com/
Michael T. Hermsmeyer

Sending you a PM Robert
and MESA BOOGIE Amps...

Robert Jones

Post by Robert Jones »

I got the PM Michael. Thanks for sending info. Got a call in and waiting for a reply.
Mullen Royal Precision D10 Red Lacquer Pearl inlay 8&8
"Life is too short for bad tone."
https://mullenguitars.com/
http://www.bjsbars.com/
Henry Matthews

Post by Henry Matthews »

Wish I lived in Branson, that would be a fun gig.

Mickey, you play fiddle too?
Henry Matthews

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
Michael T. Hermsmeyer

Please close, Thank you.

Please close, thank you.
and MESA BOOGIE Amps...