Need Advice on Effects, Vol. Pedal, etc.

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ward Brown

Need Advice on Effects, Vol. Pedal, etc.

Post by Ward Brown »

Just bought a steel for my daughter who lives in LA. Gave up my good volume pedal and other items for her to use--so I need to replace and update. I have a Zumsteel from the mid-80’s (great guitar) and a new Nashville 112. Haven’t played regularly for 30 years but want to start back up...need advice on good effects setup and volume pedal. Recommendations? Thanks so much.
Eric Philippsen

Post by Eric Philippsen »

Goodrich 120 for volume pedal. It's been used by steelers for decades. Built like a tank.
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Effects are a very personal decision but certainly the most common setup is just the reverb in your amp.
Ward Brown

Post by Ward Brown »

Jim Cohen wrote:Effects are a very personal decision but certainly the most common setup is just the reverb in your amp.
Thanks, Jim. Yes, that's pretty much how I always rolled back then. Had a rack-mounted delay for awhile, too. I'm trying to ascertain what today's players use. You are probably correct--the vast majority of time I'll rely on the amp and reverb.
Ward Brown

Post by Ward Brown »

Eric Philippsen wrote:Goodrich 120 for volume pedal. It's been used by steelers for decades. Built like a tank.
Thanks Eric. I had a Zum volume pedal that was good. I've heard good things about the Goodrich pedal.
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

Ward
If i can help you get a new Goodrich volume pedal let me know.

I am your Authorized Dealer for Goodrich, George Ls and some others. I am running a sale for the summer and will be happy to save you some $$

Just drop me an email.

Regards
Bill
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
Ron Simpson

Post by Ron Simpson »

Fender use to make a nice Tone/Volume pedal. Volume=Up Down, and Tone=side to side.