1965 Emmons Push-Pull For Sale

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Jeff Evans

Post by Jeff Evans »

Unless you had another black push-pull Emmons, this must've been your instrument on a Steve Stewart/Rick Trevino show in 1994. You were playing through one (or more) Session 500(s), and what stood out to me, tone-wise, was the fullness of body. Many guys seem to run these thin and dispersed, but what you were doing that night had body/substance/mids as well as clarity and robust low-end. Very pleasing and memorable, obviously.
Marty Muse

Post by Marty Muse »

Hey Jeff, I have had other black push-pulls but in 1994 that would have been this guitar. At the time I was playing through a Session 500. Those amps had lots of robust low end. Love playing through them, as long as you have a team of folks to carry them around for you. Nowdays the small amps are sounding better and better to me with each passing year.
Larry Sasser

Bolt On with 3 rows of holes

Post by Larry Sasser »

I was told by I think Buddy but might have been Weldon, that the third row of holes was an experiment they were trying to split tune. I don't think they ever made it work, but that is the reason for the holes. I hope this helps. I do see what you mean about the decal being in a different place, I don't think that means anything. The original decal could have been damaged and replace. Who knows ????
Marty Muse

Post by Marty Muse »

Thanks Larry. I guess we will never know the complete story. I have often thought that if this wasn't Weldon's guitar then what happened to it? A mystery for someone else to figure out. The guitar sold and a donation to the Steel Guitar Forum is on its way. You can now close this thread...