Update: Where is Art Beard? REST IN PEACE

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Gary Watkins

Update: Where is Art Beard? REST IN PEACE

Post by Gary Watkins »

I have sent him several emails and private messages as well as several phone calls. I am getting worried about him. Any information will be appreciated.
If you succeed in cheating someone, don't think that the person is a fool. It's just that the person trusted you far more than you deserved.
gary pierce

Post by gary pierce »

He said his health was failing, and his last post was 4/30/18. Hope he is ok.
Gary Watkins

Post by Gary Watkins »

gary pierce wrote:He said his health was failing, and his last post was 4/30/18. Hope he is ok.
I hope he is ok too, but I am still worried about him. He is pretty strong and he knows what is ahead. I would just like to talk to him again.
If you succeed in cheating someone, don't think that the person is a fool. It's just that the person trusted you far more than you deserved.
Gary Watkins

Post by Gary Watkins »

Phone calls to Art now go straight to voicemail and he does not have his voicemail set up. Does anyone have any info on him? I fear that AGENT ORANGE has struck another one of us vets

Thanks,
Gary
Edward Rhea

Post by Edward Rhea »

FWIW, I spoke with Art last weekend, but haven't heard from him since. He talked of a family member flying in to visit, so hopefully he's just distracted with that? My thoughts and prayers go out to him and the rest of you Vietnam Vets, as I'm truly grateful for you and watching the effects of the exposure to Agent Orange on my own father, Mickey Rhea.
“TONESNOB”
Gary Watkins

Post by Gary Watkins »

Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

CRAP!!! RIP Brother
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.
Bill McCloskey

Post by Bill McCloskey »

ah....sad. Rest in peace Art.
Check out my latest video: My Biggest Fears Learning Steel at 68: https://youtu.be/F601J515oGc
Gary Watkins

Post by Gary Watkins »

You may not know this, but Art had a heart as big as the world! I lost my wife, Cynthia, a little over 4 1/2 years ago, http://www.bradleysfh.com/obituary/2298608. My son gave me his Martin HD35 to try and trade for another pedal steel guitar because I had to sell mine to finish paying for her funeral. Art told me NOT to sell or trade the Martin, but to give it back to my son and he would send me a steel if I would send him my address. Well, I wouldn’t give him my address because I didn’t want him to do that. He finally decided to send the steel to Mickey Adams and Mickey was going to give it to someone. Art just had a big heart, and I will miss talking to my friend.
Bill McCloskey

Post by Bill McCloskey »

In those sales at the end, he kept mentioning his end was near. I somehow kept hoping it was some kind of joke and it wasn't really true. Sounds like he was a great guy.
Check out my latest video: My Biggest Fears Learning Steel at 68: https://youtu.be/F601J515oGc
Edward Rhea

Post by Edward Rhea »

Godspeed Art...I regret not having known you sooner.
“TONESNOB”
b0b

Art wrote his own obit

Post by b0b »

Art asked me if he could write his own obit. I agreed to hold onto this until he left us.
Art Beard wrote:Dear friends and forumites, thanks for putting up with me and my weird humor ! My dealings on the forum have been 99.9 % FANTASTIC. You are a bunch of straight honest and great guys. I did not realize that there were that many of us left. Thanks for all the help and and putting up with a new pickers questions.

My beautiful and unique collection of guitars will be coming up for sale, wish I could take with me, lol. But we can't. The good lord love steel picking too. Got to be instruments there.

Would not be heaven with out music, animals, etc, lol.. the best to all of you. "LIKE AN OLD STALLION, STILL LONELY FOR FREEDOM, STILL TRYING YO OUT RUN THE WIND"

CRAZY ARIZONA ART
I always wondered what CAA meant. Goodbye, friend. :(
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
Scott Shipley

Post by Scott Shipley »

:cry:
Butch Mullen

Post by Butch Mullen »

If that won't put a tiny little tear in your eye nothing will. God bless you Art. Butch in NC
Skip Edwards

Post by Skip Edwards »

Sad to hear. I met Art & chatted with him a bit at the Phoenix show this past January.
Sorry I didn't know him longer, or chatted more with him. He sure seemed like quite an interesting and unique guy.
Vaya con Dios, CAA...
Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

RIP Art. It was a pleasure conversing with you here.
Dave Mudgett

Post by Dave Mudgett »

:(

With everything going on in my life the last year or two, I never got a chance to talk with him. But that is obviously my loss. RIP Art.
Bill McCloskey

Post by Bill McCloskey »

Probably the most moving post I’ve read here. Thanks for sharing that bob.
Russ Tkac

Post by Russ Tkac »

RIP Art. God bless.
J R Rose

Post by J R Rose »

b0b, Thanks for sharing his obit. May you RIP Art. J.R.
Black Performance SD-10, 2002. Peavey LTD 400 with 15" Eminence EPS 15-C, Sho-Bud Seat, Goodrich L-120 Pedal, Sho-Bud Bar, Picks, Cords. Nothing else.
Eric Dahlhoff

Post by Eric Dahlhoff »

I only talked to Art a few times, and he was a very sweet guy. Rest in peace Art, and keep on pickin'
"To live outside the law you must be honest." (Bob Dylan)
Alan McBride

Post by Alan McBride »

So sad, I had talked with him just a few weeks ago and he sent me a whole lot of vintage steel guitar links, and pictures of his instrument collection and, those that he planned to give away. He told me how he bought instruments and gave them to vets that wanted them, to keep them from being depressed and hoped he would prevent some from taking their own lives. Thank You Sir!!!!
I ask him if he knew our Lord Jesus Christ as His Savior and he quickly said yes I do, and I’m looking for him anytime.
I only wish I could have known him longer and got to know him more!!!!!
Rest In Peace Brother, Thank You For Your Service and Your Ultimate Sacrifice for us all!!!

To the Family of Art Beard, we offer our condolences and prayers,
May God Bless You All!!!!

Pastor Alan McBride
Jesus loves you so much, He stretched out his arms and died for you!
81’ shobud ldg, shobud volume pedal, shobud pack seat,
Fender telecaster, Jazz bass, T-bucket acoustic and amplifiers, Takamine Sc340 acoustic, Soundcraft mixer, crown amps, Yamaha speakers, sennheiser wireless systems.
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Rest in Peace Art!
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Hook Moore

Post by Hook Moore »

May you now, out run the wind.. RIP Art.
Bill Sinclair

Post by Bill Sinclair »

Farewell, Arizona Art. We'll miss you. Rest in Peace.