"You Ain't Goin' Nowhere"-Lloyd Green/Jay Dee Maness Steel

Written music for steel guitar

Moderator: Ricky Davis

Jeff Garden

"You Ain't Goin' Nowhere"-Lloyd Green/Jay Dee Maness Steel

Post by Jeff Garden »

Just in time for the release of Lloyd Green and Jay Dee Maness' "Journey To The Beginning - A Steel Guitar Tribute To The Byrds", here's my best effort at tabbing "You Ain't Goin' Nowhere". (Special thanks to my friend Mike Headrick for getting me an advance copy) Note Lloyd and Jay Dee play twin steels on this tune and I've concentrated on whichever steel is playing lead. I've included the approximate start time for each sheet at the top. Have fun with it - I've loved this tune since the first time I heard the original on the Byrds "Sweetheart of the Rodeo" album. Corrections and comments always welcome.

****Thank you Lloyd and Jay Dee for decades of great steel and thank you John Macy for producing this excellent project.****

The video isn't available on youtube but if you love pedal steel you need to own this OUTSTANDING CD by two of the best all time steel players in the business. You can order it at www.coastalbendmusic.com

Doug Cassell

Post by Doug Cassell »

Awesome! Thanks
Alexander Rehfeld

Post by Alexander Rehfeld »

1974 Sho Bud "The Professional"; 2017 Show Pro D 10; BJS Bar "John Hughey"; Goodrich Steel Driver III; Live Steel Strings