Dave Zirbel with Sussanah Van Tassel and Dave Gonzalez

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Brendan Mitchell

Dave Zirbel with Sussanah Van Tassel and Dave Gonzalez

Post by Brendan Mitchell »

Tastey steel from Dave Zirbel and an old time boy/girl duet singing original songs makes this record a stand out for me . It's called "think we're gonna be alright" and is available at LuxRechordsUSA.com
Brendan Mitchell

Post by Brendan Mitchell »

Hey Dave , I was hoping you might chime in and tell us a bit about this record , are you playing a ZB ? Some folks can tell a guitar make from hearing it but not me .
Marty Muse

Post by Marty Muse »

I agree Brendan. For those that like a lot of steel guitar on classic country recordings this record will not disappoint. Sounds to me like a ZB. Also, has amazing sounding reverb (EMT plate) Sounds like California country music 20th century style. Great job Dave!
Dave Zirbel

Post by Dave Zirbel »

:o

Thanks guys. It was a fun record to make. It was basically tracked live in my basement on a 1/2" Otari 8 track machine. We only had two mics on the drums, only because the third one failed. :). Electric guitars by Dave Gonzalez were over dubbed, and maybe some vocals but from what I remember hearing the vocal tracks had too much steel bleed! :oops:

I played my 1969 D-10 ZB Custom through a Silverface Deluxe Reverb using 6L6 power tubes. The speaker was an original cone JBL K120, and just used the spring reverb from the amp.
Dave Zirbel-
Sierra S-10 (Built by Ross Shafer),ZB, Fender 400 guitars, various tube and SS amps