Georgeboard's Fender String Master Prototype for sale

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Loyal McAvoy

Georgeboard's Fender String Master Prototype for sale

Post by Loyal McAvoy »

I am selling this for $1,000.00. It is authenticated, and has holes for brackets on the bottom. The legs and brackets are not included. I was trying out a new tuning, the letters are latex, they will be removed.

Thanks
Loyal McAvoy

Mark Helm

Scale?

Post by Mark Helm »

Looks long-ish?
Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.
Loyal McAvoy

Scale

Post by Loyal McAvoy »

Scale is 24.250, by my measurements
Mark Helm

Yup

Post by Mark Helm »

Sounds about right. Any info on the pickup? Is it the pic, or is one of the tuner buttons missing? More pics and a pic of the case would be great, thanks!
Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.
Loyal McAvoy

Tuner buttons

Post by Loyal McAvoy »

The picture is somewhat askew, there is no missing tuner buttons. There is just a guy who is new to this, and trying like hell to get pictures to work!:wink: I believe George had the pick-ups custom wound, I am not sure. They sound very nice, to my ears. There is no case.
George Piburn

Retro-Master

Post by George Piburn »

I called this a GeorgeBoards Retro-Master.

Started out as a Double 8 and wound up being 2 single 8s.

The Pickups are a custom job exclusively to my specs by Tom Brantley. Same as an original SM Fender in winds gauge enamel coating and so on. They are the phase in and out correct with a blend knob, and correct value tone.

The Nut and Bridge are custom made Brass 360 Alloy wide spacing close to an original Fender's. (within a few thousands)

The Fret Board is a Retro from Steel Guitar North County, and it is a 24.5 scale.

The Price is very low, far below my cost to make the instrument. Solid 1 piece Sculpted Walnut AAA quality.

The body is CNC Precision machined routing, and many hours of hand finishing.

The Brackets are called Sockets, available from several places Jimmy Hudson and others.

This is a very special Collectors Item, only one ever made in this thickness 1.75" current collectible value is over 1500.00 usd.

If Loyal still has the original Certificate of Authenticity, it has a second line for the sellers signature and date, this is to pass the provenance along to the next owner.

hopefully this will clarify some of the questions, - some one will be getting a really nice collectible.
Loyal McAvoy

Thanks for the additional information George

Post by Loyal McAvoy »

Things I didn't know! I only know it plays like butter and if it wasn't due to a minor financial situation I find myself in, It would never leave the house.

Thanks
Loyal McAvoy

Pending Payment

Post by Loyal McAvoy »

Pending payment.....
Loyal McAvoy

Still for sale

Post by Loyal McAvoy »

Payment did not materialize, fell through.