Hay day of CM, PICK ON, PICK ON

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Art Beard

Hay day of CM, PICK ON, PICK ON

Post by Art Beard »

I feel I hsve been lucky enough to live thru the HAY DAY of country music and the pedal and non-pedal steel guitar. ! ! From Jimmie Rodgers to some of the present. And the Steel greats, i.e. Jerry Byrd, Pete Drake. RAY MONTEE, SPEEDY WEST,
BOBBY BLACK AND SO MANY MANY MORE.
HOW MANY FEEL THE SAME. GREAT SONG WRITERS TOO, HARLEN HOWARD, WILLIE, ROGER MILLER HANK COCHRAN, TOMPALL & THE GLASER BROS..& Many more,.
HAPPY TRAILS, THE PICKERS IN THIS FORUM ARE HONEST GREAT, N HELPFUL.. ! The songs of about 1990 and up were mostly junk. But there was always TOM T. HALL to listen too and NERLE & WILLIE, WAYLON
"like an old stallion, lonely for freedom, still trying to out run the wind" Seals,Setser,& Davey.
GAS -1969 ZB D11/10,1974 Sho-Bud D10 Professional,1975 Speedy West S10, 150 yr okd Barn Board tele, Beard signature Gold Tone Dean Acoustic/Electric Bass, Tennessee 12 string Bass, 3 String Shovel.2 Fiddles., Sho-Bud amp, Epiphone valve special amp, Fishman loudbox artist amp.
john buffington

Post by john buffington »

Amen to that, glad I too was able to experience the heydays of REAL Country Music. Just MHO.
Art Beard

Hay day of CM

Post by Art Beard »

:D Recent sing by Merle
and Willie from the "DJANGO AND JIMMIE" ALBUM. fits my life, lol
"IT'S ONLY MONEY,,IT WILL GO AWAY", :lol: i laughed my tail off, n Tom T. HALL SONGS.
THEN THE CLASSIC STEEL PLAYERS, RAY MONTEE on the Sullivan show. CHUCK BERRY playing Steel, St. LOUIS BLYES, BILL HALEY AND THE SADDLEMEN. OLD FATS DOMINO, ESPECIALLY THE CROWN PRINCE OF R & R = BUDDY HOLLEY, MUSICAL MOZART.
HAPPY TRAILS. CAA
"like an old stallion, lonely for freedom, still trying to out run the wind" Seals,Setser,& Davey.
GAS -1969 ZB D11/10,1974 Sho-Bud D10 Professional,1975 Speedy West S10, 150 yr okd Barn Board tele, Beard signature Gold Tone Dean Acoustic/Electric Bass, Tennessee 12 string Bass, 3 String Shovel.2 Fiddles., Sho-Bud amp, Epiphone valve special amp, Fishman loudbox artist amp.