Sponge Bob

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Bob Snelgrove

Sponge Bob

Post by Bob Snelgrove »

Does someone in this forum play on the soundtracks? Not that I watch it, of course Image

Thx

Bob
mikey

Post by mikey »

I don't think so....because I find that the original music(not counting the Junior Brown Episode)...If I play along it seems to be someone playing in C6 w/G on top and a FLATPICK!!!!....but most of the music they use is old time stuff, and I don't think the copywrites have been renewed...
Mike
HowardR

Post by HowardR »

If I'm not mistaken, there was a thread on this a while back. I believe it's Gary Brandin of "The Blue Hawaiians". Very cool indeed.<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by HowardR on 06 December 2001 at 08:54 PM.]</p></FONT>
Mitch Drumm

Post by Mitch Drumm »

Some of it is done by Jeremy Wakefield, so he says.
Brandin

Post by Brandin »

The Blue Hawaiians do some of it. I have a BMI royalty statement that list the episodes
we're on. 'Reef Blower' is my favorite.
Mikel Nelson

Post by Mikel Nelson »

as mentioned before
www.b0b.com/forum/Forum2/HTML/001082.html

whoops...the old link doesn't work!
try searching for Spongebob...<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Mikel Nelson on 07 December 2001 at 11:45 AM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Mikel Nelson on 07 December 2001 at 11:45 AM.]</p></FONT>
seldomfed

Post by seldomfed »

geez, you guys.......... Image

If it wer'nt for this forum my wife wouldn't think I was crazy for watching Spongebob SP!
Thinks I'm crazy (steel crazy) anyway, and now it's worse! But hey - I was a Ren and Stimpy fan too so perhaps she figures it's just another phase.

------------------
Chris Kennison
Ft. Collins, Colorado
"We can't afford to let Nature Run Wild" - govt. offical - Alaska

Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

Actually, Spongebob is a pretty good show. My favorite character is Garry, Spongebob's pet snail. He meows like a cat. Cracks me up every time. I watch it and the Rugrats with my 8 year old daughter.

------------------
Carter D10 9p/10k
Richard Sinkler

Jason Odd

Post by Jason Odd »

Actually it's a drag to be an adult when there are so many cool cartoons out there, as a 30-something I had the dispeasure of growing up in the 1980s when the 'P.C.' approach had cartoon heroes saving the enviroment, the Care Bears, and all sorts of crap where everything was Sooooooo Cuuute.. and Warner Brothers had just twigged onto the idea that they could whore out Bugs Bunny to pretty much any product or concept and people would buy it.

Ren & Stimpy and the Simpsons saved the genre and now there's all this weirdness out there making me feel like I missed it all.
Watch the animation style in Power Puff Girls, revel in the abnormalities of Sponge Bob, Cow & Chicken, Southpark, the one with the two Beavers (I forget it's name)... and so on.
Rugrats, yeah that's pretty good too, but it might be a generational thing as I've always hated Huckleberry Hound, the Flintstones, (actually anything by Hanna Barbera)..and so on.
Never really got into Rocky and Bullwinkle, but loved Roger Ramjet.. why?, I dunno.
chas smith

Post by chas smith »

<SMALL>Actually it's a drag to be an adult when there are so many cool cartoons out there,</SMALL>
Grownups don't make art.