(Pictures) 2nd Annual Steel Guitar Cruise

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Ralph Newton

(Pictures) 2nd Annual Steel Guitar Cruise

Post by Ralph Newton »

What an awesome cruise with 2 day's of the best steel guitar music you could ever ask for. Were so grateful to all the people who put this show together and all of the great Musicians and support people and Jackie for all they did, and also for the new friends we met thanks again,
Ralph & Lois Newton
Tim & Alys Thompson
gary pierce

Post by gary pierce »

Thanks to everyone who worked, and played, to make this a great trip.
Donna Dodd

Post by Donna Dodd »

Really nice pictures, Ralph! I agree, the playing was superb, and the entire experience was delightful!
Donna Dodd
Georgia Steel Guitar Association (GaSGA) Board Member & Website Administrator
"Every person is a new door to a different world."
- from movie Six Degrees of Separation

Come visit my steel guitar store on CafePress! http://www.cafepress.com/zoomwithaview
Webmaster, http://www.georgiasteelguitar.com
Rene Brosseau

pictures

Post by Rene Brosseau »

Thank you to those who posted pictures...hope to make it next year. Any pics of Cozumel as well?
Franklin #130, Melobar Skreemer, Wechter Scheerhorn Resonator, Nashville 112, Boss DD 3 &/or Profex II
Sam White

Sam White

Post by Sam White »

It would be nice if the names of the Steel players are with their pictures.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association
Bill Cunningham

Post by Bill Cunningham »

Ralph,

It was a pleasure meeting you guys and chatting out by the putt putt course. Thanks for the nice pictures. Looking forward to seeing you next time or at some other show.

Bill
Bill Cunningham
Atlanta, GA
Jim Cohen

Re: Sam White

Post by Jim Cohen »

Sam White wrote:It would be nice if the names of the Steel players are with their pictures.
Sam White
Sam, the players shown, in order, are:

Bill Nicholson
Tommy Dodd
Doug Jernigan
Bill Cunningham
Roger Crawford
Janet Lynn
Steve "Alonzo" Walker
Jimmy Hodge
Jimmy Hodge (w/Melanie singing)
Johnny Hiland (guitar)
Jim Cohen
Jeremy Drawbaugh
Buck Reid

This is not a complete list of all the players, though, just the ones in the photos above.
Dan Rollans

Steelers Choice seat raffle

Post by Dan Rollans »

Who won the Steelers Choice seat in the raffle/auction?[/url]
Ralph Newton

Post by Ralph Newton »

Bill Cunningham wrote:Ralph,

It was a pleasure meeting you guys and chatting out by the putt putt course. Thanks for the nice pictures. Looking forward to seeing you next time or at some other show.

Bill
Bill, so glad we met you, this was a first for us but not the last we will be looking forward to seeing you all soon
Craig Stock

Post by Craig Stock »

Great pictures and what a cool stage and backdrop, I'm assuming that it is part of the boat.
Regards, Craig

I cried because I had no shoes, then I met a man who had no feet.

Today is tomorrow's Good ol' days
Ralph Newton

Post by Ralph Newton »

Craig Stock wrote:Great pictures and what a cool stage and backdrop, I'm assuming that it is part of the boat.
Yes and great sound set up also
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

What a great time we had.

Dan, we ran into Customs problems with me taking the seat onto the ship and someone else bringing it off the ship.

We found this out a little while ago.
So in lieu of raffling the seat on the cruise, we did it at the last GA show.
Charley Hill now has the seat.

Thank you so much for your support.
(I think I sent you an email about this a while back).

See you in Texas
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
Sam White

Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Jim Cohen thank you very much I do know a few of them now I know who they all are. Thanks again Jim. Hope to see you at the RISGA Steel Show and we are also with the New England Steel Guitar Shows. We have them every month and everyone is welcome to come to it. We have them once a month and this month we have another one on the 18th.We have this young one 21 years old that plays lead guitar, bass, drums and now is a great Steel Guitar player He is 21 years old and does a great job on the Steel .The name of the band is Farmhand and his Dad plays Lead guitar and they are from Cape Cod Ma. We have lots of country music here in Rhode Island And Massachusetts.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association
Bob Strickland

Fun, fun, fun

Post by Bob Strickland »

I had a great time as well. Thanks to everyone involved for making it happen. I especially enjoyed getting to know the folks we were playing for including Ralph & Lois and Tim & Alys - everyone was so kind to us. And it was good to finally meet Jim Cohen, who played great and got a standing ovation!
Tele -> cord -> amp
Donna Dodd

Post by Donna Dodd »

Someone asked about additional pictures from the cruise. Jeremy Drawbaugh took some really awesome pictures that he has posted on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.drawbau ... zhUAD1deh8
Donna Dodd

Come visit my steel guitar store on CafePress! http://www.cafepress.com/zoomwithaview
Ralph Newton

Re: Fun, fun, fun

Post by Ralph Newton »

Bob Strickland wrote:I had a great time as well. Thanks to everyone involved for making it happen. I especially enjoyed getting to know the folks we were playing for including Ralph & Lois and Tim & Alys- everyone was so kind to us. And it was good to finally meet Jim Cohen, who played great and got a standing ovation!
Bob It was our pleasure meeting you,really enjoyed you guitar playing,will be looking forward to seeing you again. Ralph & Lois and Tim & Alys
Wesley Medlen

Post by Wesley Medlen »

Isn't that Carl Butler on base. If it is that man can one heck of a good lead guitar also.
Justice S10 Jr, Gibson Electra 6string, Boss Katana 100, Steelers Choice ,Gretsch 6 string lap, Hilton VP
Donna Dodd

Post by Donna Dodd »

Bill Cunningham on bass!
Donna Dodd

Bill Cunningham

Post by Bill Cunningham »

Not sure how to take that. Carl's been dead 25 years and I haven't had as much hair as he did when he died since high school. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously, I imagine you are talking about a different Carl than the singer who sang with Pearl, Wesley :D
Bill Cunningham
Atlanta, GA
Wesley Medlen

Post by Wesley Medlen »

The Carl Butler I know is alive and well in Kansas City. He has a gospel venue in the east bottoms called Knuckle Heads. He is a great person and performer him and his wife are both ministers. Wes
Justice S10 Jr, Gibson Electra 6string, Boss Katana 100, Steelers Choice ,Gretsch 6 string lap, Hilton VP