Contacting Marty Stuart?

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Rick Vizzi

Contacting Marty Stuart?

Post by Rick Vizzi »

Hey everybody. I'm interested in getting in touch with Marty Stuart to see if he's interested in a song i wrote. i looked around for an email address on his website but their is none understandably. Anybody know an email for his manager or how i can get in touch? --Rick
Dustin Rigsby

Post by Dustin Rigsby »

You need to send a finished demo to his management. Keep in mind he probably gets HUNDREDS of submissions. If you're really serious about songcraft, you might consider procuring the services of a Nashville song plugger.

Do a google search for supurlatone records
D.S. Rigsby
Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

it's more than that. You need to have your songs PUBLISHED, ASCAP or BMI , thru a reputable agency or no artist will touch it, they won't even listen to it. Think Lawsuit...

Songwriters have a very steep hill to climb for other artists the hear their songs. You need a connection.
Emmons L-II , Fender Telecasters, B-Benders
Pro Tools 8 and Pro Tools 12
jobless- but not homeless- now retired 8 years

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website
Rick Vizzi

Post by Rick Vizzi »

Thanks, Tone. Well, this is a laid back casual thing for me. I have no aspirations to BE a songwriter of performer. It was more of i wanted someone else to take this song and make it work for them. I'm not even interested in trying to make money. I just wanted to do something with it. Music is just a sideline hobby for me. Just a remnant of my youth in bands and messing around with recording stuff. I'm near retirement and have become able to do these things more. Didn't know the details of sending out a song. I thought maybe if someone HEARD it then they could decide whether it was worth pursuing and going through the grinding machine instead of going through it first then being rejecting it.
Rick Vizzi

Emmons

Post by Rick Vizzi »

Now to change the subject: Tony, what pickups are in the majority of of Emmons steels? I seem to have an attraction to their tone.
Tony Prior

Re: Emmons

Post by Tony Prior »

Rick Vizzi wrote:Now to change the subject: Tony, what pickups are in the majority of of Emmons steels? I seem to have an attraction to their tone.

Well I can only speak for me. I have stock Single Coils in both P Pulls and George L Humbuckers in the Legrande II. I have one gig now and then which is the room from Hell , it's a Humbucker room.

I think this is a good question and should be asked over in the PEDAL STEEL section. Set up the thread with a few POLL questions. Should be interesting.
Emmons L-II , Fender Telecasters, B-Benders
Pro Tools 8 and Pro Tools 12
jobless- but not homeless- now retired 8 years

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

The majority of Emmons guitars have single coil Emmons pickups, at least mine do. :D
Rick Vizzi

Post by Rick Vizzi »

Thank you Erv!
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Rick Vizzi wrote:Anybody know an email for his manager or how i can get in touch? --Rick
Maybe ask Chris Scruggs?
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

Rick,
I always leave the original pickup on an Emmons.
When I get another brand, I usually order it with or put on a Jerry Wallace TruTone pickup.
That pickup is very close in sound to an Emmons. :D
Rick Vizzi

Post by Rick Vizzi »

That's what i had put in my new Williams when it was built. It sounds great thru my twin reverb custom 15. I can turn the volume up to 4 on it without blasting out the neighbors. With the BL710 on my other Williams i couldn't put it up past 2 without vibrating the walls. And the Fender tubes come alive at 4.
Joachim Kettner

Post by Joachim Kettner »

The need of peddling a song to Marty seems to have faded fast. I think his drummer (can't remember his name) was posting here a few years ago.
Fender Kingman, Sierra Crown D-10, Evans Amplifier, Soup Cube.
Rick Vizzi

Post by Rick Vizzi »

Wasn't trying to peddle it but give it away
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

Joachim Kettner wrote:The need of peddling a song to Marty seems to have faded fast. I think his drummer (can't remember his name) was posting here a few years ago.
Harry Stinson
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.