Custom Made Stainless Steel Tone Bars

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Ben Burrow

Custom Made Stainless Steel Tone Bars

Post by Ben Burrow »

I have now created my own website where you can purchase my stainless steel tone bars custom made to your individual requirements. Visit www.bensbars.co.uk or contact me at ben.r.burrow@gmail.com
Prices start at £17 with £9 shipping to the US. This is approximately $21.50 with $11.50 shipping.
Image[/img]
Patrick Huey

Post by Patrick Huey »

I believe I'm going to take one.
Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!
Tony Edwards

Bar

Post by Tony Edwards »

Ben,

I will take a 1 inch by 3 and 3/4 inch bar with the bronze thumb insert in it. Thanks. Paypal sent.

Tony
CLR Custom SD10 Pedal Steel; Telonics 500-B Combo w/ TT 15"; Hilton Low Profile VP; Telonics X-10 Pup; Frenchy's Steel Mill Strings; George L's Cables; BJS Tone Bar; Hoffmeyer Picks. This combination produces a Heavenly tone! Psalm 33:2 "Praise the Lord with...an instrument of ten strings."
Ted Nesbitt

Bens Bars

Post by Ted Nesbitt »

These tone bars are of the highest quality. I bought a bunch of bars from Ben some time ago. Great Product.
David Nutt

Bens Bar

Post by David Nutt »

Purchased a bar from Ben recently to replace a very old one (very old) The bar purchased has definately improved my playing.
The customer service and quality product are second to none.

Treat yourself.
Dave.
Ken Byng

Post by Ken Byng »

I have one of Ben's 1" bars, and the quality is top class. Very good value for money.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Infinity SD10 (4+5) Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,
Tony Edwards

tone bars

Post by Tony Edwards »

I ordered my tone bar and it was shipped fast from the UK to the US. It is one fine tone bar too! It handles very smoothly and gives me desirable tone. I love it. Thanks Ben for making a great bar.
CLR Custom SD10 Pedal Steel; Telonics 500-B Combo w/ TT 15"; Hilton Low Profile VP; Telonics X-10 Pup; Frenchy's Steel Mill Strings; George L's Cables; BJS Tone Bar; Hoffmeyer Picks. This combination produces a Heavenly tone! Psalm 33:2 "Praise the Lord with...an instrument of ten strings."
Barry Yasika

Explain the Thumb recess

Post by Barry Yasika »

It's very difficult for me to see based on the pictures exactly what the "thumb recess" accomplishes. I see a normal looking tone bar but I can also make out a sort of black patch that goes along the length of the bar toward the nose end. It that the recess? Is something in it? Does the bar with the brass insert have any advantage? I'm only asking because for me all the pictures of the bar look about the same. I'd appreciate any clarification from anyone who owns one. Thanks guys~~
Emmons
Ken Byng

Post by Ken Byng »

These are standard stainless steel tone bars. You are seeing different reflections in the pictures that may give the impression of a different material at the core of the bar. Not so.

The indentations at the base of the bars make slanting the bar a little easier.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Infinity SD10 (4+5) Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,
Barry Yasika

Thanks for the info

Post by Barry Yasika »

I thought what I was seeing may have been a reflection of something. Thanks for clearing that up for me!!
Emmons
Mike Auman

Ben's Bars is still in business

Post by Mike Auman »

I just wanted to mention that Ben's Bars is still in business doing custom work, although he has a new website. It took me a while to track him down, but it was worth it. I needed a 3/4 bar long enough for 10 strings, essentially an extra-long Latch Lake bar, and Ben was able to make one for me. He's still doing excellent custom work at reasonable prices. The new site is https://bensbarsandslides.weebly.com/
Long-time guitar player now working on lap steel.
Steve Mueller

Post by Steve Mueller »

Can he make a bar hollowed out for weight reduction?
2016 Williams D12 8 x 8, 2015 Williams D12 8 x 8, 2023 Williams S12 4 x 5, Milkman Amps, 1974 Gibson Byrdland
Mike Auman

Post by Mike Auman »

Steve Mueller wrote:Can he make a bar hollowed out for weight reduction?
I believe so, he has details about that, and a contact form for asking questions, on his web site.
Long-time guitar player now working on lap steel.
Steve Mueller

Post by Steve Mueller »

Thanks Mike, I’ll contact him.
2016 Williams D12 8 x 8, 2015 Williams D12 8 x 8, 2023 Williams S12 4 x 5, Milkman Amps, 1974 Gibson Byrdland
Ray Frady

Top quality...

Post by Ray Frady »

I bought a couple bars from Ben. They are as nice as any bar I've ever seen and used. They are as nice as my BJS bars, hands down. Give them a try, you wont be disappointed.

Ray Frady

https://bensbarsandslides.weebly.com/#
Ray Frady
Show Pro D-10, GFI SD-10 Ultra, ShoBud Maverick, Quilter Steelaire, Nashville 1000, Nashville 112, Steelers Choice, Hilton Pedal.
Jaik Willis

Re: Top quality...

Post by Jaik Willis »

I bought a bar from Ben and its my #1
Its got great sustain and handles well. Give em a try
Jim Saunders

Hey There

Post by Jim Saunders »

I'd like a bar. 15/16th x 3.38. Tell me how to pay or proceed.
Godfrey Arthur

Re: Thanks for the info

Post by Godfrey Arthur »

Barry Yasika wrote:I thought what I was seeing may have been a reflection of something. Thanks for clearing that up for me!!
You're seeing reflections of other objects in the room including the person taking the photo of the bar. Since the bar is round the images tend to fish-eye.
ShoBud The Pro 1
YES it's my REAL NAME!
Ezekiel 33:7
Jim Saunders

Hey There

Post by Jim Saunders »

I ordered a bar mid March that I have still not received. 6 weeks is a bit long, even from the U.K.
Ben Burrow

Late delivery.

Post by Ben Burrow »

Jim. I feel you should have had it by now and have sent you the tracking information in an email. I hope you will receive it soon. Any more problems let me know.
Jim Saunders

Hey There

Post by Jim Saunders »

I am not faulting Ben for the delay. The tracking number shows that the Royal Post delivered the bar to the U.S. Postal service two weeks ago in Chicago. It would seem they are waiting for the snow to melt?
Peter Siegel

Post by Peter Siegel »

Ben,
Can you drill out your 1 inch bars to reduce weight?
I have been using a custom bar like that for years but cannot find a replacement.
( I'd send you the desired weight of course.)
Cheers,

PS
Ben Feldman

Post by Ben Feldman »

Hi Ben,

Your website doesn't seem to be working for me. Are you still taking orders?

Thanks,
Ben