Best flight case ever !

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bob Hoffnar

Best flight case ever !

Post by Bob Hoffnar »

At least it is the best one I have ever owned. On the suggestion of Paul Franklin Jr I checked out steel guitar cases made by a Norwegian company called Capro. It is as sturdy as anything in the world of flight cases and comes in under 25 lbs with wheels. One of the main guys at the company is a steel player and really knows what he is doing.

The company is great to deal with. If there are any problems they will do whatever they need to do make sure you are happy. You guys in Europe are lucky. The shipping to the states is pretty high. I had a buddy from the forum who was visiting NYC so he brought mine over as baggage for me.

www.capro.no/ns_index_800.asp

------------------
Bob
intonation help

Pete Grant

Post by Pete Grant »

It's a little difficult to navigate, since the site is mostly in Norwegian. Do you have a direct link to the steel cases?
Ron !

Post by Ron ! »

Pete,

click on the little english vlag and you will be reading in english.

Ron
Bob Hoffnar

Post by Bob Hoffnar »

Did you click on the English flag for the site in english ?
I don't think they have a steel section yet. I'm pretty sure there will be something about steels up in not to long. My case is made out of some sort of hard plastic instead of plywood. Roar is the guy to contact if you need info.

roar@capro.no

Bob
Frode Bjoernstad

Post by Frode Bjoernstad »

Hi Bob..

Nice to hear that you are pleased with the case.. It was a real nice one..
I had the pleasure of bringing it to Bob , and I had a great time in the states (NYC & Nashville).. Bob H. is a great guy, great musician and great psg-teacher!
If other US forumites are interested in a case from Roar, I'd be glad to it bring it safely over from Norway in exchange for a planeticket to your beautiful country! Image That's a joke, but the case was great for luggage as well..

And Bob.. I actually stink a little less on psg now, after lots of practice on stuff I picked up from you and Fats.. I'm still terrible though..

Frode
<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Frode Bjoernstad on 13 May 2005 at 04:30 AM.]</p></FONT><font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Frode Bjoernstad on 13 May 2005 at 04:31 AM.]</p></FONT>
John Macy

Post by John Macy »

Hey Bob, what was the price??
Bob Hoffnar

Post by Bob Hoffnar »

John,
There were some complications with my order so I haven't gotten a final invoice yet. Because Frode brought it over with him it was in the ball park cheaper than other quotes I was getting.

Bob
Tommy Roten

Post by Tommy Roten »

As I said before, the bass player in my band is actually the one who built the case, so I'll tell him that you are pleased. Image

------------------
Franklin D-10, MSA D-10, Goodrich, ProfexII, Mosvalve, Eminence 12", Nashville 400,
www.tommy-steel.com
pertrot@frisurf.no

John Davis

Post by John Davis »

IMHO Packhorse in Peterborough UK make the best I have ever seen.
Problem is once you put the steel in it you are into excess baggage!!
Roar Oien

Post by Roar Oien »

Hi Bob and Frode, thank You for Your nice words about the flightcase. At Capro we are 8 employees and I'll pass the word through to all involved in the production line.
I'll be happy to answer any questions about our products, just send me an e-mail.
I'm sorry the web-site is mainly in norwegian.
Thanks again !
Please visit www.toofargone.no for more informations about the band I'm playing in.
Roar.