NGD this afternoon

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

William Hoff

NGD this afternoon

Post by William Hoff »

I was about 10 years old when my Mom took me to my first auction. This was in Virginia near D.C. around 1964 or so. There were tables and wagons all around the house stacked with stuff. I saw a table with a guitar and it was like a magnet. My Mom said she literally had to drag me away from there several times. I now know it was a National Style 3 Tricone. I was staring into the screens and gridwork like the answers to the universe were inside it (they might be). I know it was a Lily Of The Valley pattern because I asked Mom what those flowers were. I have craved one of those shiny flower guitars the majority of my life now. I’ve owned several Nationals, National Reso phonics and import versions, but none of them were IT. But now

William Hoff

Post by William Hoff »

It arrived and what a guitar. Thanks Glen at Gruhns.
Mike Neer

Post by Mike Neer »

Wow, that sure is purty. For so long the object of my desire. Good luck with it!
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

Was anxiously waiting to see what was showing up...congratulations...beautiful !! Must be fun to have it after all of these years !
Zum Encore, Pedalmaster D10, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, 1976 Ibanez, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, Boss Kamatra 100, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp
David Knutson

Post by David Knutson »

LOVELY!!! My Style 1 suddenly feels underdressed.
David K
Tony Oresteen

Post by Tony Oresteen »

Contact your insurance agent and get that lady covered!!

Congrats & happy NGD!
Tony
Newnan, GA

Too many guitars, not enough time to play
'72 Sho-Bud 6139 '71 Sho-Bud 6140
'82 Sho-Bud 6160 '73 Sho-Bud 6138
'71 Marlen 210
'78 Fender Stringmaster T8 black '70??? Fender Champ Lap Steel