Problems freezing a track

Q&A about PGMusic's popular accompaniment software

Moderator: David Collins

Jonathan Shacklock

Problems freezing a track

Post by Jonathan Shacklock »

Hi, I'm just starting to get to grips with BIAB 2016 (mac) and I think I need some help.

I've started editing a bass track from one of the midi styles and I've taken care to freeze the track so it plays back my changes. When I save and reopen the song my edits are there in the notation window – but when I hit play it regenerates my track with new notes. I can't undo or see a way to force it to play my notation. I've tried unfreezing and refreezing the bass track.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Jonathan
Peter Lindsley

Post by Peter Lindsley »

Hi Jonathan,

It's only midi that can be edited and frozen but I suspect you know that :)

Until youve figured out why its regenerating after a reload you could use the Edit/Copy Special/"Copy/Move tracks function" to copy the bass track to the Melody track. This track won't be over written during generation.

You can then mute the Bass track & work using the melody track without worrying. I use this method all the time.

Hope this helps
Pete
Sierra U12 E9/B6
Peavey Session 500 (split Cab)
Jonathan Shacklock

Post by Jonathan Shacklock »

Thanks Pete, I did eventually stumble on the workaround you mention, very useful to know. Seems to me that a frozen track should stay frozen and not regenerate or have to take up a melody track. Perhaps I'm missing something fundamental however.
Peter Lindsley

Post by Peter Lindsley »

Jonathan,

Pm me the style you are using? I could try & see if I can reproduce your problem.

It's a great piece of software but has been added to so many times over the years that the complexity just keeps growing.

Easy to miss a setting...

atb
Pete
Sierra U12 E9/B6
Peavey Session 500 (split Cab)