Getting a pedal steel in Europe vs. US import

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bob Hoffnar

Post by Bob Hoffnar »

Andy,
It is extremely easy for a customs agent to do a simple google search of your name and find this thread. As a matter of fact when you put in the posters name and pedal steel this thread shows up at the top.

Posting illegal advice in a very public place might not be the best idea.

These days first thing customs guys do is check simple stuff like that and go through your phone.

You have put Tuukka (and yourself) at risk even if he tries to travel with his own instrument.
Bob
Bruce Bishop

Post by Bruce Bishop »

Tuukka,

My 2 cents ...A telecaster does in no way sound like a tele no matter who plays it .
You can take any guitar no matter the make or model and have two people play it and there would be a very distinctive difference in tone,color,brightness, warmth, acoustics . That's is what makes music so great, each individuals interpretation of the tones we hear ... Best wishes in your hunt for a great PSG .
Per Berner

Post by Per Berner »

Sadly, Bruce is right. I don't sound one bit like Albert Lee, James Burton or Jerry Donahue when I play my Telecaster. :cry:
Ted Nesbitt

Post by Ted Nesbitt »

Tuukka, if you need to contact me my email address is
rainbowmusic@talktalk.net Always 4 or 5 steels in stock.
Ken Byng

Post by Ken Byng »

Ted Nesbitt and Gerry Hogan are the best 2 suppliers in the UK. They are the only guys that I would ever recommend in terms of supplying quality and perfectly set up guitars.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Infinity SD10 (4+5) Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,