2 Webbs from (Original Owner Estate) *1 Immaculate

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
David Pinkston

2 Webbs from (Original Owner Estate) *1 Immaculate

Post by David Pinkston »

I am helping a widow with estate sale. I picked up 2 Webbs yesterday Serial # 1108 and 862 and have them in Nashville for local sale only. Due to financial situation my heart is to help her get much needed funds so, respectfully no trades or low balls. The burgundy is as clean as I've ever seen. There is a receipt from one of them but honestly not sure which one. They sound great. I would likely have the caps check just because I usually do. They are mounted on plywood with wheels. With the 15" JBLs they are heavy amps, but if you love Webbs you should check them out. The black one is not as immaculate and could use a fabric tolex refresh if you're into ultra cosmetics. The burgundy one looks like it's never been out of the house. I just found out from Jim Hawkins that the amps were used by Garland Nash who they played in a band with.

You may call me at 615-870-9968 to discuss. Just started trying to assess value so feel free to add a comment to assist in that area. Text and emails aren't my preference. I will not ship as they are simply too heavy. I may be willing to meet you halfway depending on where you live. I can do a deposit on Paypal but cash for balance on delivery. Peace and blessings.

Last edited by David Pinkston on 2 Apr 2017 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Neil Lang

Post by Neil Lang »

Just a guess............$1000 Red. $700 Black
Sho-Bud Steel Guitars, 3 Super Pro's, 1 Super Pro II (Rose) & 1 Finger Tip
Fender Guitars & Basses
Peavey Amps & Sound Equipment
Kevin Mincke

Post by Kevin Mincke »

EVM15-L speaker in black one?
David Pinkston

Ev

Post by David Pinkston »

Kevin. Not sure. Not familiar with EV. Wasn't sure if label was missing on back. The black one actually sounds a bit warmer and less "bell like" than the Red. They are both great and with the EQ controls available I have to believe the sound options are many. I personally have usually used tube amps but very impressed. I guess the downside is the weight, but you could put an Eminence in and reduce the weight significantly. I play Emmons with a Telonics pickup and the sound is sweet.
b0b

Post by b0b »

I own #825 - looks just like the red one. I bought it new at Webb Music in Antioch, CA, in the summer of 1978. It was state of the art at the time. Made for pedal steel. Those original JBL 4 ohm speakers are wonderful.
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
Gary Thorsen

Ev 15l

Post by Gary Thorsen »

Not to slight the JBLs but the EV 15L is the silkiest and smoothest of all in my opinion. Great warmth and definition.
Gary Thorsen

Webb

Post by Gary Thorsen »

These are great steel amps. Can't go wrong with either of these.