John Russell Tabs

Written music for steel guitar

Moderator: Ricky Davis

Gary Arnold

John Russell Tabs

Post by Gary Arnold »

I have been getting some of John's tabs and they are great. I just got "Cold Cold Heart" and "Scarlet Ribbon" and they are both really good, I like all the BC pedal moves he puts in these tabs and they have the words of the song where you can see them along with the tab. Thanks John, Gary
Gary Meyer

Post by Gary Meyer »

'read nothing but good about these. Wondering why the tabs aren't just posted (?)
John A. Russell

Posted

Post by John A. Russell »

The reason I don't just post the tabs, is because when folks write and ask for them, I get to know them. Know where in the world they live and what the weather is like there!!

We build up relationships and I learn what they do and we exchange all sorts of interesting facts.

I met Richard, who lives right near one of my favourite places, in Arizona USA.

It takes hours for me to produce the tabs and I don't claim to be the best. But I can't just paste pictures on the Forum, I want to share "Me"
Thanks to all those of you who give me a reason for doing these tabs for you. LOOK OUT for my next one. Sara Jory's "Mansion On The Hill" Nearly ready.

J.R.
Franklin S10, Telonics X10 pup, Telonics Volume Pedal, Telonics 500 Combo Amp, with Mike Johnson Tone, BJS Bar. Vox AC15C2, Fender Stratocaster, Music Man Albert Lee. Brent Mason Nashville Telecaster. Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb Amplifier.Cali76 Studio Compressor, Boss DM3 Delay. Hall & Collens Signature Echo unit.
Gary Arnold

Post by Gary Arnold »

Hey JR, I just noticed that you live in the UK. I live in Florida in the southwest part of the panhandle. There was no players for miles when I started to learn and depended on the forum for a long time. I'm a retired meat cutter and sausage maker and I play steel for a small opry house on the weekends. We'll chat later, thanks for every thing. Gary
Greg Meteyer

Post by Greg Meteyer »

Just wanted to send another note of appreciation to John for taking the time and effort creating tabs that are simply excellent. I finally got through both "Silver Wings" and "Heartaches By The Number" and both were great and easy to follow. John's dedication to the steel community is helping to make better players for many of us involved in the forum!
Don Culp

Tablature

Post by Don Culp »

John i would like "take these chains " Ray Charles good one.
Don Culp

Tablatures

Post by Don Culp »

John i would like this one. take these chaines
Don Culp

Take these chains

Post by Don Culp »

John love what you do it's awesome you would share all thes tablatures Thank you so much for your efforts and sending the tab so quickly to us all it's really quite nice.
Don culp means Washington
Scott Denniston

Post by Scott Denniston »

John, Due to circumstances I've had to put pedal steel on the back burner for a bit. Thanks for your hard work on these tabs and your generosity. They're helping to kick start my playing again. --- Scott