TSGA Jamboree Rick Alexander Non-Pedal Room... donations?

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Stephen Cowell

TSGA Jamboree Rick Alexander Non-Pedal Room... donations?

Post by Stephen Cowell »

We're less than a month away from the 2017 TSGA Jamboree... I've taken on the duties upstairs again, and we're hoping for a repeat of last year's great event. Bob Blair, Chuck Lettes, and Jana Lockaby will be your hosts, and I'll be running cameras and sound etc.

Expect most of the same great talent, with some new additions! If you're not already on the list to perform, and you think you'd like to perform, and if you think you're good enough... contact me, we still have a few slots to fill.

We can't put this on without help... Albert and Debbie Talley have really stepped up to the plate for us, they make no money from us upstairs, so we are grateful for the support. However they cannot cover all our expenses... if you'd like to donate, please contact me via PM. Looking forward to seeing you all there!
New FB Page: Lap Steel Licks And Stuff: https://www.facebook.com/groups/195394851800329
Ben Rubright

Post by Ben Rubright »

I would like to contribute....PayPal would be wonderful.......

Thanks,

Ben Rubright
D10 Emmons LeGrande SKH (rebuilt by Billy Knowles), D10 Emmons Push/Pull (setup by Billy Knowles) , SD10 Rittenberry
Mike Neer

Post by Mike Neer »

Stephen, I'd like to donate 10 cds for you to sell and use the proceeds for the expenses.
Let me know.
Bob Blair

Post by Bob Blair »

Count me in for my usual donation Steve! Thanks for your hard work on this great project.
Stephen Cowell

Post by Stephen Cowell »

Thanks everyone... contact me by PM here for my email/PayPal address. Thanks Mike... we'll 'sell' the Steelonius CD's for donations (15$ suggested) at the show... if you don't have one already, it's mighty fine!

Pretty sure the slots are filled... I'll be publishing the schedule sometime this weekend. Gonna be a good one!
New FB Page: Lap Steel Licks And Stuff: https://www.facebook.com/groups/195394851800329
Jeff Strouse

Post by Jeff Strouse »

Wish I could be there! I know it will be a blast! :)

Thanks so much, Steve, for all you've done in taking the torch and continuing the show as a featured event at the TSGA!
Jana Lockaby

Post by Jana Lockaby »

I did not know Rick Alexander well, but I remember the first np sessions. If I remember correctly, he was very passionate about this. I can only imagine, just, how thrilled he would be to know his legacy lives on, all these years later. Isn't this year 11?
Jeff Strouse

Post by Jeff Strouse »

Yes, Jana, Rick would be thrilled. He passed away in 2009. He was very passionate about steel guitar, and loved the steel community. He really enjoyed conversations on the forum, as well as helping newbies with his courses. He had so many musical plans that there were sadly, cut short. I'm glad some still remember him and what he tried to do in creating a strong non-pedal music presence at the conventions. In Dallas, he officially started with the March 2007 show, so in fact, this year would be the 11th show!
Ben Rubright

Post by Ben Rubright »

I plan to be there and will donate while there. Many thanks to Jeff and HowardR for all that you have done in the past. Will miss seeing ya'all.
D10 Emmons LeGrande SKH (rebuilt by Billy Knowles), D10 Emmons Push/Pull (setup by Billy Knowles) , SD10 Rittenberry
HowardR

Post by HowardR »

Jana Lockaby wrote:I did not know Rick Alexander well, but I remember the first np sessions. If I remember correctly, he was very passionate about this. I can only imagine, just, how thrilled he would be to know his legacy lives on, all these years later. Isn't this year 11?

Jana......Rick would have adored you!

Ben.....thank you for your kind words.....you've always been a gentleman and very supportive.....
Mark Moseley

Post by Mark Moseley »

I plan to donate as well and look forward to seeing everyone there. It looks like another great show. Will miss those that cannot attend that have contributed so much in the past.
HowardR

Post by HowardR »

Same here Mark.....you've always been a mainstay, a rock, and reliable for rhythm duties and support....and you're not such a bad guy either..... :lol: