"Forever Loving You" - JayDee Maness

Written music for steel guitar

Moderator: Ricky Davis

Jeff Garden

"Forever Loving You" - JayDee Maness

Post by Jeff Garden »

"Forever Loving You" is a real pretty instrumental from JayDee Maness' OUTSTANDING new pedal steel CD, "From Where I Sit". Both the CD and tracks are available on JayDee's website http://jaydeemaness.com/new-cd.html which is why I didn't post a recording of his version here.

It was originally written by Steve Wariner for his wife and is on Steve's "No More Mr Nice Guy" CD. Here's a youtube recording of Steve's version so you can get an idea of what it sounds like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsnzI0oWZ8A

Forum member Charley Hill requested the tab for this one and I had some time to look at it. As always, corrections and comments are always welcome...hope it's close.

TAB Notes: My G Lever raises string 1 a full tone, raises string 2 a half-tone, and lowers string 6 a full tone. Where you see "EE", lower string 2 by a full tone and string 9 by a half-tone.

Skip Edwards

Post by Skip Edwards »

Nice job, Jeff...
Just fyi, JayDee doesn't raise his 2nd string, and instead of lowering 6, he raises 7 a whole tone.
Jeff Garden

Post by Jeff Garden »

Thanks, Skip.... Now you've got me thinking about the 6th string lower vs. a 7th string raise. I think I'd rather have the full range on 6 from +1/2 to -1 but...any thoughts on advantages/disadvantages?
Skip Edwards

Post by Skip Edwards »

Well...I dunno. You can do some pretty cool stuff with the 7 raise, and the same sort of movements that you do with the 6 lower just sound a little different...which I like.
One thing... raise 7 with the same KL that you're raising 1 & 2 with, and you get a big strum across the whole E9 neck. If you sort of mute the 9th string with your left thumb, it's a big major chord with a couple double strings in there, and if you let the 9th sound, it's a big 7th.
Cool...
Ariel Lobos

Post by Ariel Lobos »

Thanks for this tab! This song is so, so beautyful...and thanks to Skip too
ShoBud The Professional 72.Emmons PP D10 83. Fender Stringmaster, triple neck. 1927 Weissenborn style 1. Fender Twin Reverb 77. Fender Princeton Reverb 78.
Skip Edwards

Post by Skip Edwards »

Here's the chart...

Jeff Garden

Post by Jeff Garden »

Thanks Skip!