New Ad for Peavey Steel Guitar Amps

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bill Ferguson

New Ad for Peavey Steel Guitar Amps

Post by Bill Ferguson »

Once again I am humbled and honored by the great folks at Peavey Electronics.

They have just sent me an advertisement that will be used in the program for the TSGA in March and also in some upcoming advertising.

Thank you Hartley Peavey for your support of the steel guitar community for so many years.

AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
Jack Stanton

Post by Jack Stanton »

very cool, Bill!
james king

Post by james king »

Way to go Bill! Your years of dedication to the steel guitar community is paying off.
Roger Kelly

Post by Roger Kelly »

Glad to see you and your Carter in Peavey's Ad Bill.

Peavey products have been my choice since 1974. Like Timex...they take a Lickin' and Keep on Tickin'.
Eric Philippsen

Post by Eric Philippsen »

Maybe I just haven't been paying attention to the new Peavey steel-related amps, but are those chicken head knobs I see on them?

Like it. Hmm...maybe I'll think about "modding" one of my older Peaveys with 'em.
Tommy Dodd

Post by Tommy Dodd »

Great ad Bill. Well deserved for all the time you've spent working with the Peavey folks.

But, it looks like they might have done some "photo-shopping" with your Tee shirt. Seems like I remember it more like this......
Any comments?

Nice shirt anyway. And a good looking ad for Peavey.
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

Yep, they did not want anything to take away from my "sexy" picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
Bill Cunningham

Post by Bill Cunningham »

Bill Ferguson wrote:Yep, they did not want anything to take away from my "sexy" picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good try but I think the real reason is they didn't want to have to pay Tommy any royalties for use of the shirt and copyrighted quote. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously, nicely done Bill!!
Bill Cunningham
Atlanta, GA
Mitch Ellis

Post by Mitch Ellis »

What does the shirt say? I can't see it clear enough.

Mitch
Greg Cutshaw

Post by Greg Cutshaw »

Micky Byrne

Re: New Ad for Peavey Steel Guitar Amps

Post by Micky Byrne »

Well done Bill good on you. Nice Carter, I remember you once saying the late John Hughey once said to you "That's a keeper" or something to that effect :D

Micky "scars" Byrne U.K.
Buck Reid

Post by Buck Reid »

Congratulations my friend... you're a rock star! :)
James Stewart Jr

Post by James Stewart Jr »

That is so cool Bill-after all you had a lot to do with the development of the 115.
1975 Sho~Bud Pro III Custom (8-7)
1981 Peavey Session 500
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

Thanks James, but I had nothing to do with the development of the Session 115, just the tweaking at the end.