Fender Silverface Vibroluv Reverb

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
William Morgan III

Fender Silverface Vibroluv Reverb

Post by William Morgan III »

All original 1979 Fender Silverface Vibrolux Reverb in very good condition. No scrapes or tears in tolex. A small tear in grill cloth. Has 25-30 hrs on new matched output tubes and has been biased. Will throw in a new $150 biasing meter, used by me once. Also comes with a like new Fender cover. Do not have the floor pedal. $875 shipped, firm, as Santa has really taken a big bite this year. Have plenty of pictures I can email. Thanks, Bill
Steve McAvoy

Post by Steve McAvoy »

PM & email sent...
Mike Scaggs

Tr

Post by Mike Scaggs »

Great amps! I have worked on many doing maintenance and mild repairs. I LOVE the sound of 2x10s...

A thousand times better than the junk Fender is building these days. New Fender stuff is so bad I refuse to do repairs on that stuff, just not worth it to me anymore (Super Headache)

Good luck with sale
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Zum double Hybrid 8x9, 64 Twin (JBLs), p2pAmps Bad-Dawg, p2pAmps Tremendous Reverb, Visit my website www.p2pamps.com
Bill Terry

Post by Bill Terry »

No dog in this hunt other than I own a '73 VR and it's the perfect amp where a Deluxe Reverb just won't quite cut the required volume.

These are regularly selling for $1000.00+ around Austin. Good luck with your sale Bill.
Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

Great amp, great price. I have a 1967 VR and I love it!
William Morgan III

Vibrolux

Thank you all for the nice comments. It is a sweet sounding amp and gets plenty loud enough for the two bands I play for. I usually have the volume at 5-6 and mic it. One thing about the pictures, the amp has a yellowish tint but it looks better in person. My bathroom lighting is not too good for photography. I have four amps and I just need to thin the herd also. It is the only tube amp I have and I'll just let someone else enjoy it.
William Rasch

Post by William Rasch »

Is this the model with the ultra linear transformers and hum balance control?
William Morgan III

I don't believe so as it only has the bias adjust pot and it really just adjusts the bias balance between the two output tubes. I did some investigation and reading about the biasing but beyond that, my knowledge is limited.
Dave Mudgett

Post by Dave Mudgett »

My actual experience: Silverface Vibrolux Reverb and lower never had ultralinear output transformers - or at least, I've never seen one. I can't read the text on back panel, but should say 40 watts. Stock is probably a bias balance instead of overall bias voltage pot. Easily modded to blackface, or better yet, leave balance and add a separate pot inside for level. You can see this doesn't even have a Master Volume - Vibrato channel should be Volume, Treble, Bass, Reverb, and Tremelo Speed and Depth (6 pots). Probably has the standard silverface phase inverter mods, easily changed to blackface specs, which I heartily recommend. Should have push-pull boost somemwhere, but I've seen mid-late 70s without it. I tell the doctor, "When I pull the boost, it sucks." Doctor says, "Don't do that." Henny Youngman, rim shot.

Opinions: I agree with Mike that, in general, these blow the crap out of a PCB reissue and all the silverface amps make a good mod platform if you're inclined. If I didn't have two VRs (66, 71), I'd have said, "Wrap it up and send it to PA." at 6am when I first saw it - more or less, this is $800 + shipping. Thought I'd give someone else a chance, pretty surprised it's still here. Desert island amp for a Tele player, and I think they sound surprisingly good for pedal steel if you don't have to crank it up over a stupid stage volume.

Of course, every one of these is different. But I've never seen one that couldn't be made to sound good. General scuttlebutt is that Fender didn't consider the lower-end amps VR and lower "worthy" of "fixing" with stuff like master volume and ultralinear, thank God.
Mike Goldring

re UL Transformers

Post by Mike Goldring »

I don't think Fender ever went to using the UL transformers on the smaller amps, the bigger models, Super Reverb, Pro Reverb, Twin yes, they had the UL, master volume, and some other changes, but the small amps weren't changed much, this amp may have a pull boost, I have a 79 Deluxe Reverb that has the pull boost, it doesn't sound good so just don't use it.

That's a nice looking amp, and a good price for someone in the market for a vintage Fender tube amp.
GLWTS
William Morgan III

It does have the pull boost on the vibrato channel
Paul Brainard

Post by Paul Brainard »

Hm, the topic said "Vibroluv", I think I must have the wrong web site. . .

Ha, great amp good luck with the sale!
Gary Ballard

Post by Gary Ballard »

Vibroluv refers to the tone that comes from one of these amps...
Mike Scaggs

Post by Mike Scaggs »

Like Dave Mudgett was saying, buy this, black face it and go to town on it.

My personal guitar rig is a Deluxe Reverb I built myself from scratch but..... It has large trannies, 2 - KT66s, and 2x10 celestion golds so in reality it's a hotroded Vibrolux Reverb. Once I heard it I stopped building more amps for myself.

Like someone else stated, I don't have a dog in this hunt and don't know the seller but this is a good deal and something you can play and keep.

Good luck and as Forest would say "that's all I have to say bout that"
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Zum double Hybrid 8x9, 64 Twin (JBLs), p2pAmps Bad-Dawg, p2pAmps Tremendous Reverb, Visit my website www.p2pamps.com
Bruce Derr

Post by Bruce Derr »

Pull Boost was added in '77. Not a useful sound but the pull switch is nice because it can be repurposed. On my Deluxe Reverb I made it into a bright switch. On this amp I'd probably use it to add a midrange cut. Great amp as-is... as others have said, pull boost does nothing to the circuit when it's turned off.

This is a good deal! I'd grab it if I didn't have 2 VRs already.
Nick Koff

Post by Nick Koff »

I'll take it. Sending a PM now.
Just another belt & suspenders guy...
peter joseph burtt

Post by peter joseph burtt »

Best deal in ages
Patrick Ickes

PM and Email Sent

Post by Patrick Ickes »

:oops:
William Morgan III

Sold

I'd like to thank all of you for the nice comments made about my amp. It is a good sounding amp and if I was able to play a 6 string again it would never left my house. I know it is worth more but I passed it on for what I had in it and I'm happy. Thanks again and a Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year to all. Donation coming to Bob. AMP IS SOLD
Chris Walke

Post by Chris Walke »

Almost snagged a Vibrolux MANY years ago, before I knew how awesome 2x10 amps can be. Ended up with a Crate Vintage Club series 1x12. Was killer...for a short while. Live & learn. Got rid of an old Magnatone amp too. My life is fulla bad gear decisions.

"Sure, I like country music, and I like mandolins,
but right now I need a Telecaster thru a Vibrolux turned up to 10.....Let's go to Memphis in the meantime, Baby!"

- John Hiatt
Nick Koff

Post by Nick Koff »

Chris Walke wrote:Almost snagged a Vibrolux MANY years ago, before I knew how awesome 2x10 amps can be. Ended up with a Crate Vintage Club series 1x12. Was killer...for a short while. Live & learn. Got rid of an old Magnatone amp too. My life is fulla bad gear decisions.

"Sure, I like country music, and I like mandolins,
but right now I need a Telecaster thru a Vibrolux turned up to 10.....Let's go to Memphis in the meantime, Baby!"

- John Hiatt
Well, lookie here, Chris, just what the rock and roll doctor ordered, a hundred bucks off the last price, just for you:

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
Steve McAvoy

Post by Steve McAvoy »

I'm pleased the amp was purchased by someone here. It was a terrific deal but I just couldn't pull the trigger this close to Christmas. Congrats!
Nick Koff

Post by Nick Koff »

Steve McAvoy wrote:I'm pleased the amp was purchased by someone here. It was a terrific deal but I just couldn't pull the trigger this close to Christmas. Congrats!
I wish I could say I pulled the trigger specifically because it was close to Christmas but the truth is I need to try out every Fender amp in the privacy of my own living room... I also want to say that once again, I have met another great person here on the forum. Thanks for all the conversation, Bill. I am so pleased to have had a chance to make your acquaintance. Happy holidays to you and your family.
Shaan Shirazi

Post by Shaan Shirazi »

PM Sent
Miles Lang

Post by Miles Lang »

Gary Ballard wrote:Vibroluv refers to the tone that comes from one of these amps...
EXACTLY! One of the best amps Fender ever made