Rudy Osborne Passes

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Terry Wood

Rudy Osborne Passes

Post by Terry Wood »

I have recieved word this afternoon that our Friend Rudy Osborne has passed on. Rudy was a Great Guy and wonderful Steel Guitarist! I don't know all the details but was told that he has lost his battle with cancer about 5:30 this morning.
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

Pray for the family as Rudy's wife passed away last week with cancer too! They were such nice people. Rudy was a Special Guest at my 2010 Annual Steel Guitar Show.
Jerry Lee Newberry

Post by Jerry Lee Newberry »

So sorry to hear about Ruday and his wife. They were very nice people.
Michael McGee

Post by Michael McGee »

Rudy was dear friend. I am so sad that he has left us. Prayers for the his family, who have suffered a double loss. May God grant us strength and comfort as we grieve.
John Coffman

Post by John Coffman »

Rudy was an awesome guy. He will be Missed. Prayers for the family
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

A finer human being could not be found on planet earth..
Rudy.. I personally will miss your wit, and your support
RIP my friend...
ARTIST RELATIONS: MSA GUITARS
2017 MSA LEGEND XL D10, S10, Studio Pro S12 EXE9
Mullen G2, Rittenberry S10, Infinity D10, Zumsteel 8+9
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Wiz Feinberg

Post by Wiz Feinberg »

I got to know Rudy during the half year I lived in Arkansas, in 2007. We played gigs together and jammed a bunch of times. Rudy was an Ace guy, a players player and a Corvette lover. His wife Shelby died 6 days before he died. RIP Rudy and Shelby Osborne.
"Wiz" Feinberg, Moderator SGF Computers Forum
Security Consultant
Twitter: @Wizcrafts
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog
Sez Adamson

Post by Sez Adamson »

I am very sorry to hear this sad news. I was fortunate to meet Rudy and Shelby at the Dallas convention a few years back. What a lovely couple. My condolences to family and friends for their loss.
Sez Adamson

Post by Sez Adamson »

I am very sorry to hear this sad news. I was fortunate to meet Rudy and Shelby at the Dallas convention a few years back. What a lovely couple. My condolences to family and friends for their loss.
James Jacoby

Post by James Jacoby »

I met Rudy, a couple times at steel guitar shows, and yes he was a great guy--but at least one positive comes out of this! He won't have to suffer with the loss of Shelby! I lost my Claudia, over four years ago, and the wound is still raw--so I'm very glad he won't have to deal, with that! R.I.P. Rudy, and Shelby! You'll be much missed! -Jake-
Paul King

Post by Paul King »

I first met Rudy in Texarkana,Texas at a mini steel show. I was blew away with his playing and great tone. As I talked with him I found out very quickly he was a first class individual. I never knew his wife but both of them passing in a weeks time has to be extremely devastating for their families. RIP Rudy, you will certainly be missed.
Hook Moore

Post by Hook Moore »

I am very sorry..My condolences.
Charles Tilley

Rudy

Post by Charles Tilley »

I don't think loosing friends will ever stop. So many have left us the past few years....Rudy and Shelby being just a couple.
Thank you God for allowing me to have Rudy as a friend and share a small portion of his life.

See 'ya later my friend.
Charles Tilley ,
Princeton, Texas
Sherry Kauffman

Rudy and Shelby

Post by Sherry Kauffman »

For my dearest friends Rudy and Shelby Osborne now 'Together in Heaven'. May God give you peace and comfort to you, your family and friends.

I will always remember and 'cherish' our times together!

[/b]
Don Burrows

Post by Don Burrows »

Ruby & I are deeply saddened to hear the news of Rudy & Shelby's passing, they were both wonderful & caring people & we will never forget them, Rudy came to several of the BSG Steel Guitar Shows we had here in Ohio & they spent several days with us a couple years ago. Our prayers to the family during this difficult time.
Don Burrows
Builder of BSG Steel Guitars
Danny Harrell

Post by Danny Harrell »

This is sad news. Our prayers go out to the family. Rudy was a friend and such a great player. He was always willing to share his knowledge with fellow players. I remember one time a few years back running into an issue, I contacted Rudy, and he helped me solve it quickly. He helped so many and contributed so much. He will be missed.
Bob Hempker

Post by Bob Hempker »

Such sad news:

Rudy was a great player and a dear friend. Prayers and thoughts for the family.
Bob Hempker
Dan Galysh

Post by Dan Galysh »

So sorry to hear this.
Ray Harrison

Post by Ray Harrison »

A great friend. RIP Rudy, join Shelby and enjoy everlasting peace and joy. I'll miss you til I get there.
Ray Harrison
Bass/sing/Love PSG
77 Stingray/Kiesel 5 string bass
Telonics , Fender Rumble500, Polytone Amps
D-16 Martin, 1970 Ovation guitars
Dennis Wallis

Post by Dennis Wallis »

A visitation for Rudy and Shelby will be Wednesday November 9,2016 at Smith Family Funeral Home in Benton,Arkansas from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM . The online guestbook can be signed at www.smithfamilycares.com

They were my dear friends and this is so hard to accept .
I will miss them greatly .
Ron Frederiksen

Post by Ron Frederiksen »

So sorry to hear this. He was one of my hero's !!! Great steeler..
Jeff Harbour

Post by Jeff Harbour »

I hate to hear this. Very great guy, and an extremely underrated player. I got to meet him at a show once. He unfortunately had a small cast on his hand, so he wasn't able to play a set. But, I did buy his album "Classic 'N' Steel" from him. Very smooth and tasteful playing. Anyone who hasn't heard this album needs to. RIP Rudy...
Hal Higgins

Post by Hal Higgins »

:( I got to know Rudy better when I was in Hot Springs, AR recuperating from two surgeries just after leaving Louisiana as a result of Hurricane Katrina. He and I spent some time together at Ronnie's Music Store there. One of the nicest gentlemen I have ever met. Condolences to his family for not only one, but two losses so close together. Our prayers are with you!
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.
billy tam

Rudy Osbourne

Post by billy tam »

Rudy will be missed, fine player and fine gentleman. I met Rudy many years ago when he was working close to Baton Rouge. He came out to one of the clubs we played, introduced himself and ended up sitting in with us that night and on his next trip brought his steel with the midi pickups and played horns, keyboards violins etc.
super nice and very talented guy. My condolences to his family and friends.
Billy
Johnny Cox
Location: Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas

Post by Johnny Cox »

Very sad news. Rudy was a friend since the 70's.
Johnny "Dumplin" Cox
"YANKIN' STRINGS & STOMPIN' PEDALS" since 1967.