MCI by Carter D10- is this a good price?

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ben Audette

MCI by Carter D10- is this a good price?

Post by Ben Audette »

Hey everyone! Just wondering if this is a good price on this D10 with 8 pedals and 5 knee levers. Local shop is asking $2400. It comes with a case and the pedal rods also, and ignore the fact that the store put the legs on backwards. I am currently playing on a Zum Stage One and have been thinking about upgrading to a D10. Any advice on whether I should jump on this one or hold out for something else?

Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

Yeah, I'd say it's a fair price provided it's in good serviceable condition and has at least 4 or 5 knee levers. Pickups appear to be the orig. BL705's so that's a plus. These were manufactured in the middle 80's.

No shots of the mechanics, but judging by the pedal bar I would guess it's an early Waco model before the welded frame. The later RangeExpanders and the EMCI's are considered a little more desirable, but I'm not aware of any dogs that MCI produced.
Last edited by Jerry Overstreet on 25 Oct 2016 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rich Upright

Post by Rich Upright »

Offer them $1800 & say "Who's gonna walk in off the street in Michigan & buy this"?
A couple D-10s,some vintage guitars & amps, & lotsa junk in the gig bag.
Allan Jirik

Post by Allan Jirik »

Hi Ben, glad your are playing the Stage One I sold you. What shop is selling this?
Paul Wade

Mci D-10

Post by Paul Wade »

i would jump on this right now at that price :whoa: :eek: . good price you can offer $2200.00 and see if they take the bait. just my 2 cents

p.w :D
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

I had one of these (pre-welded frame) guitars and I just loved it! The tone and sustain high up the E9 neck was remarkable.

I sold it to finance another instrument but I've often regretted letting it go.
Roger Rettig - Emmons D10
(8+9: 'Day' pedals) Williams SD-12 (D13th: 8+6), Quilter TT-12, B-bender Teles and several old Martins.
----------------------------------