Fender amp tech in CO

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Howard Palmer

Fender amp tech in CO

Post by Howard Palmer »

I need a good Fender Amp tech near Boulder to repair a '68 Dual Showman head that quit on me recently. Great amp head that I've been using for years but I seem to have "let the smoke out". Anybody know someone who knows these amps?
Thanks in advance
Howard
Mark Fowler

Post by Mark Fowler »

Brandon Montgomery - Bludotone Amps
Ben Waligoske

Post by Ben Waligoske »

If you don't mind coming down to Denver for such a task, there are a couple good techs that come to mind...

You might try Scooter Barnes in West Denver who did great work on my old Princeton Reverb the last time he had it. There's also Fat Willie at NBS Electronics on South Broadway (has worked on Derek Trucks' amps), or Peter at Vacuum Tube Supplies off I25 and 6th Ave. All of them know their way around Fenders although none of them will likely be particularly cheap, and maybe not particularly fast as they have busy shops most of the time...

Up in Boulder proper you could try the shop at Robb's Boulder Music, but I don't know who is running their amp tech services these days and I've never personally dealt with their repair department, so YMMV...

Best of luck, and feel free to PM me if you have any trouble locating contact info for these folks.