Huron Telecaster/Esquire Electric guitar

Guitars, fiddles, banjos, keyboards, clarinets, bagpipes, etc.
Andrew Leonard

Huron Telecaster/Esquire Electric guitar

Post by Andrew Leonard »

For sale is an excellent condition Huron Telecaster/Esquire Electric Guitar (huronguitars.com).

This guitar has a maple neck with bone nut on a lightweight solid paulownia wood body finished in gloss butterscotch blonde. The pickup is a GFS 63 Tele Hotter Wound Professional Series Bridge Pickup 7K that sounds great in this configuration. The electronics are Eldred Mod Esquire wiring from 920D Custom Shop which is configured as the following:

• Switching position #1. This rear position is the same as on a standard Esquire. The pickup is routed through the volume control only, with the tone control bypassed for a hotter, louder lead sound with extra highs.

• Switching position #2. This middle position is also the same as on a standard Esquire, with the pickup routed through the volume and tone controls. It sounds a little warmer than position #1.

• Switching position #3. In the front position of the Eldred Mod Esquire wiring, the pickup is routed through a single, small capacitor and volume control, with the tone control bypassed once again.

CTS 250K Solid Shaft Pots
Original CRL USA 3-Way Selector Switch
Gavitt Vintage style push cloth wire (Black/White)
Switchcraft Output Jack
.047F Orange Drop and 3300 pF Ceramic Capacitor

The guitar looks great, plays wonderful, straight neck, low action and a lot of telecaster twang.
One issue that I can find is a dent in the back of the neck my the heal. See photos.

Comes with a older Tweed Danelectro Case that fits the guitar well.

I'll take $500 or best offer for it, but it's pickup only in Tecumseh, MI. I'll drive about 25 miles to meet, but that's it.
I will not ship this guitar.