Nashville 112 reverb noisy

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ned Ramage

Nashville 112 reverb noisy

Post by Ned Ramage »

I bought a new Peavey Nashville 112 last fall. I live in an old house with wooden floors and no matter how softly you walk the reverb makes noise. Is this something I should get fixed under warranty or is it normal for these amps?

I have an old single channel Sho-Bud that I replaced the reverb tank on because it was so noisy. It's quiet now even on my wood floors.

Thanks,
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

The reverb shouldn't be that sensitive. Contact Peavey or the Peavey dealer you purchased it from for warranty service.

Contacting Mike Brown, at Peavey would be another alternative. 1 (877) 732-8391 x 1180
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Mike Brown

Nashville 112

Post by Mike Brown »

It would depend on how stable the floor is as to how sensitive the reverb springs would be.
Mike Brown

Nashville 112

Post by Mike Brown »

Try it on another surface.
Bruce Derr

Post by Bruce Derr »

I wonder if one of the springs that suspends the spring tray inside the tank has broken or been jarred loose, perhaps from shipping vibration.
Mike Brown

Springs

Post by Mike Brown »

Yes, that could be a possibility. Remove from the reverb bag(if there is one) and check the springs from the bottom.
Ned Ramage

Noisy reverb

Post by Ned Ramage »

Your feedback has convinced me that it shouldn't be so noisy. I'll take it back to the dealer and get them to check it out.

Thanks,
Mike Brown

Reverb

Post by Mike Brown »

I agree, let them check it out for you.