C.M. Baker ( Lil Izzy ) !!!

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Donnie Southers

C.M. Baker ( Lil Izzy ) !!!

Post by Donnie Southers »

At about 7:45pm. I got a very unexpected call...
Being originally from Macon Georgia, I thought when I first seen the area code it was someone else. To my surprise it was Mr. Baker.
Needless to say like many of us on the forum we have spent uncounted amounts of money enjoying the love of playing a pedal steel. BUT ... This is the first time that a manufacture of a product I have bought a product from took the time... and evidently Genuine concern about the satisfaction of their customer to personally call me. If anyone else has had a conversation with Mr, Baker, they can also say that he is REAL AT HEART on top the Great Product he provides.
After many years in the customer service field, or anyone else has, you know that follow up is 99% of the key to customer satisfaction.
Needless to say I am a SATISFIED CUSTOMER!!!
Weather or not you like his product you may have to agree He Cares and is not afraid of hearing a negative review as well as welcoming a positive review. True Customer Concern!

Mr.Baker my hat is off to you... Thank You For Your Call!!!!! Donnie
Len Amaral

Post by Len Amaral »

I always enjoy my conversations with Craig. He has a keen sense of humor as well as being knowledgeable on electronic gear.
Scott Duckworth

Post by Scott Duckworth »

Craig is an upright guy!
Amateur Radio Operator NA4IT (Extra)
http://www.qsl.net/na4it

I may, in fact, be nuts. However, I am screwed onto the right bolt... Jesus!
Craig Baker

Post by Craig Baker »

Scott,
I'm not usually upright this early, but thank you gentlemen, each of you for your kind compliments.

Why shouldn't every day be "Customer Appreciation Day" ?

Sincerely,
Craig
"Make America Great Again". . . The Only Country With Dream After Its Name.
Mike Neer

Post by Mike Neer »

I, too, had a nice conversation with Craig. Here's the scenario: a wire broke free inside of my ancient Li'l Izzy and I asked if he could service it. He replied that he would replace it with the new model, but I said it was unnecessary to do that, and he provided me with detailed instructions on how to do the repair myself (which I haven't done yet, but will soon!).

Thanks, Craig!
Jack Ritter

Post by Jack Ritter »

You can,t beat this fine gentleman or his product and service.
Zum D10 8x5,rev pre-amp, TC M300, Split 12, n-112, IZZY, Hilton vp, Geo L, BJS Hughey, Live Steel
Len Amaral

Post by Len Amaral »

Just a note on another use for the Lil Izzy. I use it with my lap steels and it adds a nice flavor to my 20 watt Mesa Boogie Subway Rocket amp. A very noticeable difference with and without it.
Donnie Southers

Good Business

Post by Donnie Southers »

Jack You Are So Right ....
J.C. Norris

Mr. Baker

Post by J.C. Norris »

I haven't had a conversation with Craig, but I use my "Lil Izzy" every time I sit behind my push-pull.
I really didn't think it could help my tone & sustain as much as it has. It's the very best money I ever spent on my equipment. I thank you Mr. Baker for a great product!! J.C. Norris
Wayne Quinn

lil ezzy

Post by Wayne Quinn »

Donnie. that does not surprise me with Craig. i had some dealings with him a few years ago. on the Lil Ezzy. he is a top notch guy in my book he treated me like i was a pro player while iam just a amateur .very nice human being. now if we could just get him into building Steel Amps.
D10 Carter, SD10 Mullen .Nashville 400,. peavey 112 Boss DD3., RV5,
George McLellan

me too

Post by George McLellan »

Back in 84 or 85 I bought a Lil Izzy at the ISGC. When I got home it didn't work for some odd reason. At that time there was no way to contact the manufacturer so after a few years of collecting dust I thru it away.

About three years ago (or something like that - "CRS") I received a call from Mr. Baker. I told him about it and he sent me a new one - FREE - after all these years. It's too bad more manu-facturers weren't like Craig.

Geo
David Cubbedge

Post by David Cubbedge »

I bought one last year and it is a permanent part of my gear!
Red Emmons D10 fatback #2246D with sweet Hugh Briley split cases, Black Emmons S10 #1466S, '73 Fender "Snakeskin" Twin Reverb, Peavey Nashville 400, Line 6 Pod XT, Fender 400, Fender Stringmaster Double-8, too many guitars, one bass!
Roger Dillingham

L'il Izzy

Post by Roger Dillingham »

As others have already mentioned, the Izzy is an excellent product and Mr. Craig Baker is an especially nice and customer oriented kind of guy! I don't want to ever be without one and have actually contemplated purchasing another just for backup. It is very rare in today's market when one can purchase an item which improves the overall sound as much for so little. The fact that Mr. Baker is such a great guy to do business with is just icing on the cake, so to speak! If every one treated their customers as he does there would not be a need for customer relations representatives because there would never be any concern about losing a customer! I only wish I had known about his product sooner!! Thanks all, Roger :)
Charley Hill

Post by Charley Hill »

Craig Baker=Customer Service.

A product that makes a difference and a man that stands behind it.

Always great hearing from Craig.....any hour of the day!

Charley
Peter Harris

Post by Peter Harris »

Charley Hill wrote:Craig Baker=Customer Service.

A product that makes a difference and a man that stands behind it.

Always great hearing from Craig.....any hour of the day!

Charley

A great way to get your own back, Craig...

..phone them all at 2 am.. :lol:
If my wife is reading this, I don't have much stuff....really!
William Kendrick

Post by William Kendrick »

Craig is so caring. I really appreciate him.
1979 Emmons D-10 P/P 8X5, Lawrence L-710 Pickups, Li'l Izzy, Telonics Volume Pedal, Goodrich Super Sustain Matchbox, Lexicon MX200 Dual Reverb Effects Processor, Peavey Vegas 400 Amplifier with BW Speaker.
Mike Wilkerson

Post by Mike Wilkerson »

I will chime in as well... The Lil Izzy is the staple of my gear. I love talking to Craig cause every time we talk I get comic relief for free.. I love what he has to offer for the steel player... Thanks again Craig.. Slim
S12 MSA Classic Nashville 400 with fox mods amp 1 volume pedal 1 Lil Izzy and 3 cords
Don Hines

lil izzy

Post by Don Hines »

Hey can someone please explain just what this unit does? I have only been playing psg for about 2and a half years. Might would buy one if I knew that it would make me sound better. Thanks don
Lane Gray

Post by Lane Gray »

By dropping the impedance, it eliminates the tendency of cables to swallow the highs.
This increases "string separation" (the ability to easily discern the individual notes in a chord). It also makes it a little brighter
2 pedal steels, a lapStrat, and an 8-string Dobro (and 3 ukes)
More amps than guitars, and not many effects
Michael McNeill

Lil' Izzy

Post by Michael McNeill »

I ordered a Lil' Izzy to use with my CARTER 8 X 8. Mr Baker monitored the shipping and decided that things were fouled up. He made me a 2nd IZZY at no charge and sent it to me. It arrived in time for me to practice an hour with it and use it on the gig that night.

The IZZY made my CARTER (Wallace Tru Tones) sound very different. I have since picked up a D-10 8 X 8 Show Pro that does not require the Lil' Izzy to help with the tone BUT, I don't take that axe to every gig.

Craig Baker is an amazing gentleman and a credit to our fraternity.

Image[/u]

****Craig - I am so sorry - You said to keep the missing item if it ever showed up BUT, I intended to return it and I never did. Lets touch base next week and verify shipping addresses. I will get the unused Izzy back to you ASAP. I have been spending some time seeing Doctors and they can get a fella confused.

Steely
John Booth

Post by John Booth »

Mr Baker called me as well a while back. He just wanted to know why I was selling my Lil Izzy. If something was wrong with it.
I explained that with a different guitar I had just bought it just wasn't necessary at this time, where my previous guitar really required the help of the Izzy.

He cares if you're happy with his product. You'll never get a call from 99.9% of other people you buy from.
He's a heck of a guy in my opinion.
JB
Jb in Ohio
GFI S10 Ultra, Telecaster, a Hound Dog, and an Annoyed Wife