GALLIEN KRUEGER GK MB 112 or 115

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jimmy Prince

GALLIEN KRUEGER GK MB 112 or 115

Post by Jimmy Prince »

Anyone useing one of theses for there steel? they seem lightweight enough. just add a reverb pedal and your good to go yes?
Jimmy Prince
Brad Bechtel

Post by Brad Bechtel »

Search the Electronics section for "GK MB" and you'll find a few discussions.
Brad’s Page of Steel
A web site devoted to acoustic & electric lap steel guitars
Bob Watson

Post by Bob Watson »

Brad, I tried searching the "Electronics" section using "GK MB" and "Gallien Krueger MB 115" and didn't come up with anything. Jimmy, I used a GK MB 112 on a gig once with a Digitech reverb unit and it sounded great. I also took out a Fender Rumble 200 a while back and it too sounded good. I'm happy with my Roland Cube 60 right now so I'm in no hurry to pull the trigger on a GK. I would be curious to hear what other steel players think of the GK combos though.
Brad Bechtel

Post by Brad Bechtel »

It does seem like most of the discussions are about the earlier GK MB-200. This search gives quite a few results.

https://www.google.com/search?rls=en&q= ... rforum.com
Brad’s Page of Steel
A web site devoted to acoustic & electric lap steel guitars
Norman Evans

Post by Norman Evans »

Mark Smilor

Post by Mark Smilor »

Sorry to dig up an old thread....Ive been using the MB115 for about a year and gig almost every weekend. I finally started leaving the session 400 at home and it is light as can be, sounds good to my ears, and not one problem out of it. My settings are simple High and High Mid at 11 o'clock and Low and Low mid at 1 o'clock. I used the MB200 head for a little while and ran direct out and the MB115 still has that option. If you put the amp on a stand, you may have to lay it sideways. I do have to use a reverb pedal but that's about it.
David Nugent

Post by David Nugent »

Before I retired from playing out, I was using the MBP 112 which is the powered speaker only unit sans preamp. With my Sarno Octal V8 in front and my Strymon reverb, it sounded great and was very lightweight and simple to transport.